Emergency Flash Drive - What Would You Have On It?

bangkokburning

Curious what the latest and greatest freeware programs might be included on the greatest W7 (Free) emergency flashdrive. I have been unable to locate any free discs / file(s) on the Internet that I might use for a boot into Windows GUI. Would like to build a really solid tool, more than just Ultimate Boot.

Thanks

Look for one of the multiboot packages that can install multiple linux and other related tools.

Good for windows too.

I have (amongst others) a full version of ubuntu, dos, trinity rescue kit, NT password recovery, Gparted for partitions, clonezilla for backups and restore, UBC and a few other bits.

Gives me everything I need for almost all scenarios of fixing, installing or restoring any kind of computer.

• Like 1

If you would like to keep it simple, try WinBuilder. It creates a Live Windows 7 Ultimate CD or Flash Drive. Nothing like booting into the operating system you're already comfortable with, including all the tools and features you use on a daily basis. The software will create a fully running Windows 7 x86 or x64 with all your drives, Ethernet, WiFi, USB, SD Reader and whatever else you have operating normally. Then you can restore your original backup, reformat and reinstall or whatever you need to do even if this means continuing to just use the CD/DVD or Flash Drive installation!. It will boot on any machine that's capable of running Windows 7 and it uses your original Windows DVD and Product Key to create and activate the Live Windows 7 CD/DVD/Flash so everything is legal and above board. Just type"WinBuilder" into a Google or Bing search window and you'll find all you need if you'd like to try it out. Cheers!