Calories In Thai Chewing Gum

lifemagic

I'm completely nicotine-free for six months and also calorie counting, though for some reason, I never thought to count calories in my sugar-free gum. I buy the white tubs of wrigleys 'Extra, white' and eat about fifteen or so a day (maybe twenty). Apart from that I eat about 1800 calories a day, am male, weigh 83kg approx (depending on where I put my feet on the scale).

The label on this gum, in Thai, has the numerals 2, then 2.8, then 20, with Thai writing inbetween, I'm guessing it's saying 10 calories a piece? I mean, it's supposed to be sugar free, but the one they sell in UK seems to be a different product.

Does anyone know the exact count? Is there a better brand, calorie-wise? I like gum rather than sweets that dissolve, and I don't like spearmint/peppermint/fruits but like the strong mint/ice/white/sharp type things.

Thanks for any input.

• 1 month later...

I think that Thailand chewing gums all has that "sugar-free" label, which means it has aspartame.. Which is MORE bad than sugar. Studies shows that aspartame makes you more fat than usage of sugar. Google: aspartame mercola

Aspartame(which is in most sugar free label products) is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.

Not only aspartame makes you more fat, it creates cancers, foggy headspace, migraines and all kind of health problems. Avoid at all costs. Last time I was in Thailand I couldn't find normal chewing gum... Everything was aspartame or sugar free stuff. Such a shame, well just don't chew gum then or then continue.. But now that you know the facts behind the aspartame, it's not recommended..