Paint Colours

mrbojangles

Wonder if anyone could help me out please. Is there a source of paint colours anywhere in Thai?

We are in Saudi and we want the wifes brothers to paint the outside of the new house they are building for us. One colour we want is what we call in the UK Magnolia. I have found this which is beige สีน้ำตาลอ่อน (sĕe náam dtaan òn) but is that really translated as Magnolia or is it a totally different colour alltogether.

There are other colours we want also, but this is the main colour of the outside.For me, this is the big headache part of the house build now.

Many thanks.

You MAY score by quoting the BS 4800/5252 reference 08 B 15 to the mixing machine operator, or it may come out puce :)

Link to a page with a colour sample http://www.e-paint.c...ery=08%20B%2015 obviously the actual displayed colour will depend upon the monitor but it should at least get you in the right ball park.

Any guidance will be useful to me too, intend using that colour inside smile.png

The trouble with these sort of colours such as Mr BJ mentions is, see nam taan on, if I was translating it from Thai to English I wouldnt use the colour magnolia.

The literal translation would be colour sugar light, the sugar here refers to brown sugar.

The best thing would be to get someone in Thailand to visit any of the Home Pro type places and pick up some brochures from the various paint companies and post them to you.

The colours can vary slightly from paint company to company.

Dont forget to specify the type of finish, matt or gloss.

Ok you guys, sussed it.

I have infront of me right now, 3 brochures for ICI supercoat.

The colour Mr BJ refers to is in one of these brochures, Magnolia, for some reason if has two numbers, in fact most of these colours have two numbers, the numbers Mr BJ wants are 635 or 335.

There is a brochure that is called ICI Supercoat Nanotex, the magnolia colour isnt in this brochure, the closest colour to magnolia would be either, Peachlight or Ivory.

This Nanotex brochure looks to me as if it is for exterior paint.

In the third brochure the closest to magnolia would be, Lily white or Apricot white.

So the good news is, yes magnolia is available, and brochures are available.

Mr BJ,

working on the assumption a picture paints (no pun intented) a thousand words.

Send this to the out laws,, these brochures are available in most home centre stores or paint shops.

The first photo is the brochure that has your magnolia inside.

The second photo shows the paint choices and the numbers, note the lack of Thai writing, I would imagine the two numbers refer to batch numbers, sometimes these <deleted> change the colours so I would advise against getting a mix of numbers.

post-39258-0-41140100-1330148042_thumb.j

post-39258-0-51959600-1330148097_thumb.j