Totally Sick Of These Debates

seonai

Okay so the tag thing didn't let me explain. I just have to say one thing.... and let the wrath of all come upon me. In relationships people are people. Forget this Thai boyfriend lark and Thai boys etc. We are all human. That is the most important thing. Who cares what nationality we are? Thai, Farang, Saudi, come on. We all know that relationships grow from a mutual base of love and understanding. Fat, ugly, beautiful, thin.

Seonai

Sorry Seville,

I am just bored with this Thai boy thing. Have been for a long time. I have been in Thailand more years than I have lived in my own country. Excuse my bluntness. I realise the forum is to discuss stuff like that. I just crave decent conversation!!!!!!!!

Seonai

Well, what do you want to talk about? :o

I'd rather talk about men, then where to find decent underwear, but I'm lucky and about a size 8 and not big breasted. I do have problems finding hats that fit. I have to bring them from the states or try kids sizes in Surat.

Well, this puts you in a good position to advise those who haven't been here for long...

and maybe keep you in touch with who you were when you first came here?

:D Hurrah........ and maybe she is bored with who she shares her house with? Not impressed Seonai - with your husband's suggestion that I should have bonked the Frenchman without getting to know him! :o

I don't see that they are debates--no one is arguing any particular point or counterpoint. And not all the girls are married. I remember well my single days and about 50% of the conversation was about guys; current relationship, past relationship or potential future relationship.

There are lots of things to discuss about life in Thailand as a woman but lets face reality; guys have alot to do with that reality. Always does for women, always has and always will --unless, of course, you are lesbian but it is still discussing relationships--its a woman thing :o.

Seonai,

I respect your opinon and experiences, but you're on an open forum, where things are discussed from a variety of perspectives.

That being said, I find your perspective to be very naive. People are people, who grow up in different cultures and nationalities, with different values. I cannot believe that you think relationships and gender dynamics within those relationships don't change, regardless of where you're from. And, you say that a relationship in Saudi is no different than a relationship in London?

I've also experienced relationship dynamics in different cultures, and researched them extensively, so please don't attempt to whitewash pervasive observations and information for your own interests.

edit: typo

Edited by kat

Kat,

I don't think I was whitewashing anything. Hey, if you and I had half an hour to sit and talk..... come on! Do you really think I am so stupid????????

Chatting like this online is dodgey to say the least. We are all talking fairly freely here. Does that say anything???????

Chatting like this shows that we are all human I hope.

Oh well maybe it's pointless .......

"Kat,

I don't think I was whitewashing anything. Hey, if you and I had half an hour to sit and talk..... come on! Do you really think I am so stupid????????"

No, I don't think your stupid. Actually, I think you sound like a very intelligent woman, which is why you baffle me sometimes, Seonai.

I would love to sit and chat with you, anytime, if you can cope with my different opinions. I will email you next time I'm in Phuket, and maybe we can meet (I know you live on a nearby island).

But no, never thought you were stupid.