U.s. Visitors Visa

I am a U.S. Citizen, and would like my Thai Girl friend in Pattaya to visit me here.

Does anybody know of a reasonable visa service, or, is this possible? Also how long will it take?

I am frantically trying to wrap up my affairs here, and plan to move to Thailand on a more or less permanent basis. I expect that it will take 3-4 months to d this, and would like her to be with me and also to get a taste of life here.

Any advise would be helpful..

I am a U.S. Citizen, and would like my Thai Girl friend in Pattaya to visit me here.

Does anybody know of a reasonable visa service, or, is this possible? Also how long will it take?

I am frantically trying to wrap up my affairs here, and plan to move to Thailand on a more or less permanent basis. I expect that it will take 3-4 months to d this, and would like her to be with me and also to get a taste of life here. 

Any advise would be helpful..

Mr. Bill,

Good luck but getting a US visa for your Thai girlfriend could prove to be VERY difficult.

Come on over here, be with her for a while to show your sincerity, take photos of you together, do the Thai "wedding" (engagement) ceremony with her family...

My lady was turned down initially for a tourist visa but after we were together for some time and could show that to the Embassy, and that we were obviously coming back to Thailand, she was granted one. While there, we were married in Hawaii and now there is no question - she can obtain an immigration visa even after I become comfortably dead..

Abuse abounds. Ladies from Asia are notorious for hooking onto a "farang" male as a ticket to America (EU, Australia, wherever) and most western immigration authorities just ain't goin' for it.

If it is real, she will wait. There is little other choice...

I am frantically trying to wrap up my affairs here, and plan to move to Thailand on a more or less permanent basis. I expect that it will take 3-4 months to d this, and would like her to be with me and also to get a taste of life here

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it'll be more beneficial for you to spend time and money in Thailand and learn how to adjust to the thais ways of life and life with her,....than to bring her to the US to get a taste of your life there.

It's going to be very difficult to get her a visa, if she doesn't have a steady job, decent asset, or something to go back to in thailand. Even if she has a child, this is not even the evidence strong enough to come back to. Too many tourist simply just want to disappear over there.

Even more difficult if she a decent good girl,...any thai parents wouldn't let their daughter going off somewhere with the farang over the ocean, lets alone over night!...without the benefit of marriage!

Just my thought and experiences from the past

Edited by BKK90210

Thanx for the advice guys –

I have just returned from Thailand to put my affairs in order here and plan to return in 4-5, months, more or less for good.

We will probably get married within the next 6 months, and I thought that it would be a good idea for her to see the U.S. and my relatives here. (I am in Hawaii)

Dustoff – Not only can she get an immigration visa upon your demise, she also is eligible for your full Social Security benefits when she is 60 years old, no matter where she lives…

I had a Thai lady come to visit me in California. I had nothing to do with her visa. She went to the US Embassy and told them she wanted to see the sights in California. They required two things. A substantial Thai bank account and property that would assure that she return to Thailand. She had no problem because she was relatively well off with business interests in Thailand and that she needed to manage. She also had a university education and could speak English quite well.

A Thai lady with no money and no property has chances of slim to none of getting a visa unless she is engaged or married to an American. If she gets a visa because of engagement or marriage you can bet that it will take nearly a year IF she is approved. SORRY, that's the way it is.