Suranand Hired To Provide 'Correct Image' For PM Yingluck

webfact

Suranand hired to provide 'correct image' for the PM

Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

30176669-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has named former minister Suranand Vejjajiva as her personal spokesman in the face of the controversy involving her February 8 meeting at Four Seasons Hotel.

"I was given the job about two weeks ago because the prime minister has a heavy workload," Suranand said yesterday, disclosing that he is not being paid for this job.

Suranand, who cannot hold formal office because he is one of the 111 barred Thai Rak Thai executives, said he had been working alongside Yingluck since last year's flood crisis. He was also involved in organising the television show that serves as a platform for Yingluck's weekly address every Saturday.

He said his new duties did not overlap those of the government spokesman because he is meant to focus on issues that involve Yingluck alone. He said he would put his chat show and other media activities on hold for the time being because he needs to devote full attention to the prime minister.

Today he will host Yingluck's weekly television show, which will be broadcast live from a market in Bangkok's Min Buri district.

Suranand's office is right next to Yingluck's in the Thai Khu Fah building and his main task will be to ensure that the prime minister's image is projected correctly in the media, he said.

Acting government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisang said she was also looking forward to the verbal clashes that are bound to erupt between Suranand and his cousin, Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Meanwhile, Yingluck hinted yesterday that she would not explain her controversial meeting in person, but was drafting a statement of defence to be sent to the Ombudsman's Office.

The office has launched an inquiry into Yingluck's conduct and she has 30 days to defend herself.

Chief Ombudsman Panit Nitithanprapas said on Tuesday that Yingluck needed to explain the February 8 meeting after the advocacy group Green Politics filed a petition seeking investigation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-25

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most normal people, CEO's, poloticians, etc, even puppets exhibit their true nature/image and the public will make the final decision. If we wanted make believe, we can go to the movies and watch/listen to the actors do what they are paid for.

The salary which he says he does not receive is probably for the best, as his job discription may be another impossible dream which this group seem to be fond of. No matter how you dress an incompentent nor their physical apperance, the majority of the public will see thru the make believe/lies.

The puppet has a new ventriloquist.

The kind of inane comment one has come to expect, and he wonders why one doesn't want to have detailed discussion with him.

Problem for the usual suspects is that Suranand is a brilliant choice, an excellent intellect, highly articulate and refreshingly nuanced and objective - quite prepared to stand up to Thaksin (as he has often in his artcles)

The kind of inane comment one has come to expect, and he wonders why one doesn't want to have detailed discussion with him.

Problem for the usual suspects is that Suranand is a brilliant choice, an excellent intellect, highly articulate and refreshingly nuanced and objective - quite prepared to stand up to Thaksin (as he has often in his artcles)

Suranand may be a brilliant choice, but then that just highlights my comment. The government can't take the risk of Yingluck speaking for herself.

Suranand may be a brilliant choice, but then that just highlights my comment. The government can't take the risk of Yingluck speaking for herself.

Because he is to be her spokesman.Jeez do you ever think before you post?

It's very difficult..................

Careful there, Jayboy.

You are starting to sound like me!! ;)

I don’t know too many Prime Ministers or Presidents of countries that don’t have someone prepare their speeches and itinerary for them.

Edited by OZEMADE

Careful there, Jayboy.

You are starting to sound like me!! wink.png

I can think of worse fates!

• Like 1

Spot on.

He can't be in politics but he can manage the PMs image... 555555555

A banned politician is rehabilitating her political image

when corruption is the dish of the day and she decides

a banned politician is the best choice.

Takes one to know one I guess.

Oh, wait the most important members of her clan are banned,

So why would she think a banned person is bad for her image.

Yes, rotten peas in a pod think alike.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

Spot on.

Another profoundly ignorant and absurd post, and one that gives Thai Visa a bad name.I am guessing that he has not the faintest idea of the background of Suranand Vejjajiva though naturally he will have googled frantically if he replies to this.

Cetainly Suranand was banned in a ruling banning his entire party, one which looks increasingly unsound and without doubt a judgement politicised by those who sought judicial remedies in the absence of electoral success.Be that as it may:it's water under the bridge.However there was never the slightest suggestion even from his ideological opponents that Suranand was involved in any wrongdoing.Indeed he is an admirable man,a liberal thinker, a patriot and with an excellent brain to boot.As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin.

Spot on.

Another profoundly ignorant and absurd post, and one that gives Thai Visa a bad name.I am guessing that he has not the faintest idea of the background of Suranand Vejjajiva though naturally he will have googled frantically if he replies to this.

Cetainly Suranand was banned in a ruling banning his entire party, one which looks increasingly unsound and without doubt a judgement politicised by those who sought judicial remedies in the absence of electoral success.Be that as it may:it's water under the bridge.However there was never the slightest suggestion even from his ideological opponents that Suranand was involved in any wrongdoing.Indeed he is an admirable man,a liberal thinker, a patriot and with an excellent brain to boot.As I mentioned in another post he has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin.

Now all you have to explain is, why a man "with an excellent brain to boot", who "has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin" volunteers to participate in this charade with a clueless newbie as PM and the whole cabinet under remote control from Dubai.

Spot on.

Now all you have to explain is, why a man "with an excellent brain to boot", who "has not been reluctant to criticise Thaksin" volunteers to participate in this charade with a clueless newbie as PM and the whole cabinet under remote control from Dubai.

Maybe just getting people used to seeing him around before he can participate fully in a few weeks???

Updated motto for PT Party:

Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai Acts, Yingluck Follows, Suranand Speaks.

Are we really to believe that he will be doing the job 'for no salary' ? He's working for a Shinawatre, who are world class at shuffling clandestine payments.