Why Is Chrome Better Then Ff?

MisterMan

faster

I, too, dislike Google - it's like a vampire squid on all your data... mainly I dislike google because it started out with a simple promise: Good search results for ads. But over time, it's become much more than that, and now they collect each and every small piece of information on me they can. Chrome eases this task considerably.

Anyway on the Mac it's no contest, Chrome is way better than FF. FF was always a bit of a stepchild on the Mac, not as good as on Windows, and usually not as good as the built in Safari. Chrome, on the other hand, is a first class citizen. Probably thanks to the prevalence of Macs on the Google campus. I visited a couple of years ago and saw one thinkpad, and about 50 MacBook Pros...

I now use Chrome and Safari - Chrome seems a tad faster and smoother, not sure why... the omni search box of course makes perfect sense, why not all browsers have it is a mystery.

faster

I, too, dislike Google - it's like a vampire squid on all your data... mainly I dislike google because it started out with a simple promise: Good search results for ads. But over time, it's become much more than that, and now they collect each and every small piece of information on me they can. Chrome eases this task considerably.

Anyway on the Mac it's no contest, Chrome is way better than FF. FF was always a bit of a stepchild on the Mac, not as good as on Windows, and usually not as good as the built in Safari. Chrome, on the other hand, is a first class citizen. Probably thanks to the prevalence of Macs on the Google campus. I visited a couple of years ago and saw one thinkpad, and about 50 MacBook Pros...

I now use Chrome and Safari - Chrome seems a tad faster and smoother, not sure why... the omni search box of course makes perfect sense, why not all browsers have it is a mystery.

I have a MAC and Ff works well for me. But I use NoScript to block a lot of junk (and analytical tracking). The slight difference in speed is pretty much negligable when considering the time to d/l the page vs rendering the web page.

I'm not a fan of the new "update of the week" policy.

Google's corporate motto is "Do no Evil", but they invent new and invasive ways of gathering, storing and analyzing user behavior, then say sorry whent they get caught. The movie "Minority Report" in many ways was prescient with coming technology. Google will be increasing and riding that wave.

I'm not a chrome fan, and also not an Android fan as who knows what's under the covers.

Google also has world wide DNS service and you know they're using the logged data of requests.

You can run, but it's getting harder to hide.

I have 3 browser on my PC. Chrome I use for streaming video as it is faster (than IE9 or latest FF). However, popup killer just doesn't work in chrome and needs a third party (albeit free) "better popup killer" add-on - it also doesn't work on some sites (TV for example causes me all sorts of problems on Chrome - can't quote, posts using quick=post box does the post but does not clear the box, and it just locks up sometimes). It also annoys me that every add-on/extension runs in its own process using a minumum or 20megs of memory, even when not in use.

IE is best for forums (like this one) I find, and FireFox when IE is playing silly buggers (on some sites) or something else I'm running is sucking the memory of ther PC up (FF seems to use less memory initially, but goes up fatser with more tabs - IE htes to let go of memory when it has it, but tabs run in their own process so can be killed individually if needed).

Right now I have IE open for this post and Crome open for watching "Boss" Season 1 Episdoe 6.

Edited by wolf5370

Still use Firefox as main browser ( its the add ons for me) and not had any real problems with 10.

For those who like Chrome but have a dislike for or don't trust Google as far as user data is concerned why not try SRWare Iron ( http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php ) uses the same Chromium engine as Google Chrome without the Google privacy concerns. Available in Portable and PortableApps versions as well.

To me , seems as though Firefox 10 is a little slower than 9, no actual measurements to support this.

I installed Comodo firewall recently, the package included the Dragon browser. I thought it was just another re-labeled chrome, but this thread made me look into it. I believe Dragon is a lot like Iron. I'll be doing a little more research into this in the future (and will not use google to search for the info happy.png )

In the meantime

http://mmo.catacombs.com/showthread.php/1014-SRWare-Iron-vs-Comodo-Dragon

http://www.techishar...chrome-updated/

Edited by bendejo

Why do I use Chrome more than Firefox?

For the same reason I eat chocolate ice cream more than I eat vanilla.

I have them both. I use Chrome more. Probably because I goobered up Firefox with too many extensions and I'm too lazy and confused to turn back the clock.

Maybe I've never had good, high dollar vanilla ice cream?

And I only fire up I.E. if the website has something I really want and it says it's only compatible with I.E.