30 Day Visa Exemption At The Airport

Sorry if this is a daft question, but will I face any problems with immigration if I leave and then re-enter Thailand on the same day, using a return ticket to Phnom Penh?

My current tourist visa extension expires soon and I want to leave and then come straight back as soon as possible, ideally the same day, with a quick flight to and from Cambodia.

Is there any chance that immigration might raise an eyebrow when I come back to Thailand so soon, say for example just 2 or 3 hours after leaving? Would I have to show proof of an outward flight once the 30 days are up?

I have an onward KLM ticket to fly out of Bangkok, the flight date is set at 7 weeks later,but obviously I will only be receiving a 30 day stamp.

The ticket clearly states that date changes are allowed for a fee of £75.

First of all, is scrutiny likely, and if so, would the changeable nature of the ticket suffice?

I dont want to actually change the ticket as yet, due to not having finalized a leaving date, I am actually considering another visa run in a month.

If necessary of course, I can buy another cheap ticket with airasia back to KL or wherever, dated within the 30 days.

Any advice on this situation appreciated.

Thanks.

Flying in from where?

If from Europe, you might have a problem and better apply for a tourist visa.

I'm flying in from KL, as I'm in Thailand right now but just doing a quick, same day visa run flight to KL,

I'm doing this because I may well leave Thailand within the 30 days issued, but as the onward ticket out of thailand is changeable, I may also consider staying longer.

its 50-50, that's why I didn't bother to spend longer in KL going to thai consulate etc, as I may not actually need longer than 30 days

Edited by Sammy80