Random Urine Testing In Lamai Yesterday......

I have heard today that the Thai police were testing both Thais and Farang yesterday.....one Farang tested positive,so was then taken to his home,where 0.5 of a gramme of ice was found.The guy was then asked to pay 150 k baht....or bye bye..he wisely found the money,then left Thailand. Let this be a warning to all the users out there,that are ruining paradise.....as the locals say...som nam nar.

Walking in the busiest bar zone,from what i could gather....The big boys from Bangkok are here,so will be testing across the island for weeks...

Well i for one think this is a good sign, and hopefully not just a tidy up while the big boys are in town. It's the most horrible drug, it puts so many innocent people in danger if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Walking in the busiest bar zone,from what i could gather....The big boys from Bangkok are here,so will be testing across the island for weeks...

Well i for one think this is a good sign, and hopefully not just a tidy up while the big boys are in town. It's the most horrible drug, it puts so many innocent people in danger if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whilst I do agree that ice/yabba/crack etc. are terrible substances, I think it's 100% a case of putting on a show for the little circus monkey generals - in the wrong place. Of course in their simplistic little minds it's the farang that make the problem here but in reality the main problem lies with the Thai youth - who are nowhere near these bars. It's an easy way for the local enforcement officers to pretend to do their jobs; hell - they most likely supplied it, or facilitated the supply in the first place.

Personally I take issue with this - everyone has the right to privacy and deserves to be treated with dignity - unless you are aprehended actually breaking the law. If they first test their own politicians, civil servants and police force the results would be astonishing... Test high school kids and uni students prior to graduation and see how big the problem really is.

When last have you heard of a farang going beserk and running amok high on these drugs here? In seven years I have never but such incidents occur amongst Thai youths every day.

• Like 1

Whilst I do agree that ice/yabba/crack etc. are terrible substances, I think it's 100% a case of putting on a show for the little circus monkey generals - in the wrong place. Of course in their simplistic little minds it's the farang that make the problem here but in reality the main problem lies with the Thai youth - who are nowhere near these bars. It's an easy way for the local enforcement officers to pretend to do their jobs; hell - they most likely supplied it, or facilitated the supply in the first place. Personally I take issue with this - everyone has the right to privacy and deserves to be treated with dignity - unless you are aprehended actually breaking the law. If they first test their own politicians, civil servants and police force the results would be astonishing... Test high school kids and uni students prior to graduation and see how big the problem really is. When last have you heard of a farang going beserk and running amok high on these drugs here? In seven years I have never but such incidents occur amongst Thai youths every day.

pretty obvious invasion of privacy that wouldn't fly in any developed nation, but hey TIT. doesn't matter if you partake or not, the police doing this is no better than the person taking ya ba.

just for the record, not sure if you saw a thread that i posted here a week or two ago about a 6ft+ 250lb farang whacked out on drugs going crazy and fighting with police, so they tied him to a tree with aquarium tubing and gave him an injection into his foot to calm him down, i even added a pic.

• Like 1

pretty obvious invasion of privacy that wouldn't fly in any developed nation, but hey TIT. doesn't matter if you partake or not, the police doing this is no better than the person taking ya ba.

just for the record, not sure if you saw a thread that i posted here a week or two ago about a 6ft+ 250lb farang whacked out on drugs going crazy and fighting with police, so they tied him to a tree with aquarium tubing and gave him an injection into his foot to calm him down, i even added a pic.

Just took another look; while it doesn't actually state he was on drugs, I wouldn't be surprised. No dignity in the treatment there... I guess his behaviour justified the method though.

Hell, this country is only now accepting it is wrong to keep mentally ill patients chained like dogs so I guess treating drug users with dignity is low on their list.

My main point is this though; the police are part of the problem and catching farangs with a little bit of weed or amphetamines just for show is not doing anything to fix it. When the brass leaves the supply channels are still in place. Long term farangs are hardly the main source behind the supply here as the police do not condone competition easily. Small time dealers get their supply from approved sources only, or risk dire consequences.

Real tourists as a rule do not carry, but even if they do it is only a small quantity for personal use; so how do the police justify targeting farangs? I know of a few long term farangs that have been arrested on KP - 2 of 3 had hardly enough to roll a decent joint but they were paraded in front of the visiting brass for all to see how effective the police are here... It is a well known secret that at least one of the arresting officers has a little problem himself and has twice been caught with serious quantities of the aforementioned substances. Until you clean up the police force you will never make a dent in the very serious problem there is in Thailand.

What do the top officials think - chase away all the farangs and there will be no more drug problems? Or perhaps all that matters is they get their faces in a photo with a table full of drugs and some sad individuals who are victims themselves.

Edited by ParadiseLost

Your opinion is very valid and I share it to some extent.

However perhaps there is a problem with the term 'drug' - if it were to include pharmaceutical drugs and alcohol would you still feel the same? Users of either far outnumber illegal drug users but in many cases the effects and or reason for using are almost identical - only the strengh differs.

How do you categorise glue sniffing? It is not a drug, perfectly legal to obtain but it destroys the minds of perhaps millions of (poor) children. Growing up in Africa I witnessed young (black, poor) kids doing it in full view of the public all the time.

My opinion is that the world should wake up and accept that the 'war on drugs' is a monumental failure. Selectively making certain substances legal or illegal do not help to address human addiction - a medical condition.

Using is different to abusing - not all alcohol users are alcoholics...

My comment is aimed at ILLEGAL substances, not anything else. Sure abuse varies, alcohol, prescription med etc.... I am specifically commenting on the illegal substances.

Therin lays the real problem - making certain substances legal causes people to make judgement about other people; if they legalised everything tomorrow how would you identify the dregs of humanity? Behaviour, mannerisms, dress code? Ethics?

It's almost impossible to identify the cocain users in a crowd of bankers for example, you would be more correct if you assume they are all cokeheads. Personally I would be happier and more at ease with a bunch of weed smoking hippies :))

I live here several years longer and I don't know one bar girl, but I do know many locals born here and many Thais owning and working at the hotels, transportation- and other tourist-companies. Some enjoy beer and whiskey and cigarettes only, most however, especially females, nothing at all.

I just bought 2 bags of ice from the Fresh Mart at the bottom of my road.

Does this mean I have to go to the police station and pee on something or have I got it all wrong . . .?

Do they check your temperature or what . . . ?

Is this affected by relative humidity?

R

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif pmsl i was in chaweng yesterday and funny enough we were in bigc saw a guy walking around and his eyes was glazed over said it all ,not sure what he was on it was he they was no one that home

Edited by doingok

I just bought 2 bags of ice from the Fresh Mart at the bottom of my road.

Does this mean I have to go to the police station and pee on something or have I got it all wrong . . .?

Do they check your temperature or what . . . ?

Is this affected by relative humidity?

R

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif pmsl i was in chaweng yesterday and funny enough we were in bigc saw a guy walking around and his eyes was glazed over said it all ,not sure what he was on it was he they was no one that home

I dunno what all the fuss is about. I have an Iphone app that tells me where I am. Mind your own business!! wacko.png

Whilst I do agree that ice/yabba/crack etc. are terrible substances, I think it's 100% a case of putting on a show for the little circus monkey generals - in the wrong place. Of course in their simplistic little minds it's the farang that make the problem here but in reality the main problem lies with the Thai youth - who are nowhere near these bars. It's an easy way for the local enforcement officers to pretend to do their jobs; hell - they most likely supplied it, or facilitated the supply in the first place. Personally I take issue with this - everyone has the right to privacy and deserves to be treated with dignity - unless you are aprehended actually breaking the law. If they first test their own politicians, civil servants and police force the results would be astonishing... Test high school kids and uni students prior to graduation and see how big the problem really is. When last have you heard of a farang going beserk and running amok high on these drugs here? In seven years I have never but such incidents occur amongst Thai youths every day.

What a bizarre post! Hypocritical or what!

The poster comments that it's a "pretty obvious invasion of privacy" and that it makes therefore the *police doing this no better than the person taking ya ba"

Then he goes on to say he posted a picture of a perpetrator tied to a tree!

Edited by Rooo
Removed flame

A few comments about the police targeting tourists through the thread but the OP did mention Thais were being pulled also. I guess we could conspire that was for show too, maybe but maybe not.

As much as people can theorize about distribution logistics of illegal substances, I'd put my money on "ice" being a bigger problem than it's worth, maybe not now but eventually for those that are supposed to be expunging rather than distributing(allegedly). An epidemic of paranoid psychotic crack heads on a small tourist island? Too much heat, took much exposure, too many problems, too much actual work.

All this talk about ice. I've bought several bags over the past weeks and tried to smoke it. Just melts and evaporates i gave up!!! No idea how all these people get high off it wink.png

Pah! You pile the bags on top of each other, climb up and sit there. And when the sun comes out, you 'come down' real slow man.tongue.png

All this talk about ice. I've bought several bags over the past weeks and tried to smoke it. Just melts and evaporates i gave up!!! No idea how all these people get high off it wink.png

Pah! You pile the bags on top of each other, climb up and sit there. And when the sun comes out, you 'come down' real slow man.tongue.png

Ahhhh ok that's what im doing wrong