Which Bank To Open A Credit Card

Hi everyone,

I want to get a credit card (I have a job so I think I am qualified for one). However, I have had bad experiences with SCB as the call centre made me wait 45 minutes before taking my call. The staff at the branch not really helpful. What bank do you guys normally use?

Thanks

Had an SCB card for many years with no problem, and was issued one within two weeks of coming into Thailand,one assumes you make enough money for them to issue you one ?, you have a WP ?

Did you read shat the OP said? He had an account with SCB and did not like it.

Had an SCB card for many years with no problem, and was issued one within two weeks of coming into Thailand,one assumes you make enough money for them to issue you one ?, you have a WP ?

Yes, I do. WP and whichever documents they require. I had the debit card with them just 2 days after I arrived. I opened my bank account at SCB as my secretary suggested so but I really don't like their services.

Did you read shat the OP said? He had an account with SCB and did not like it.

Who rattled you cage then ?.....nice to see your contributing valuable information...

further were in his OP did he say he had a C/C account with SCB...he didnt

Edited by Soutpeel

Honeswtly the best cc for you will depend on where you do most of your shopping or the rewards programs that you are interested in, sonce all of them have the same high interest rate (20%)

It will also depend on what your salary is... one person has mentioned that KTC is the easiest to get and I belive that is correct. (it has the lowest income requirement).

Although the others are also easy to get if you meet the income requirements. I belive that if you make at least 100k per month, that would qaulify you for most of the platinum cards for most banks and the "standard card" requirements would be less.

i've had a really good experience with kasikorn bank here on samui. mae nam branch staff are very friendly and actually helpful, in spite of the fact that i've never kept any funds there they have issued me several cards based on WP and salary. SCB on the other hand, the same branch where i've had the same account for over 5 years with direct deposit of my salary each month are the least helpful and most incompetent bank employees i've ever seen in my life, anywhere. absolutely horrible service and they won't issue a CC to foreigners without "guarantee" deposit.

• 4 weeks later...

i've had a really good experience with kasikorn bank here on samui. mae nam branch staff are very friendly and actually helpful, in spite of the fact that i've never kept any funds there they have issued me several cards based on WP and salary. SCB on the other hand, the same branch where i've had the same account for over 5 years with direct deposit of my salary each month are the least helpful and most incompetent bank employees i've ever seen in my life, anywhere. absolutely horrible service and they won't issue a CC to foreigners without "guarantee" deposit.

Totally agree with you. I have just opened a new account with Kasikorn Bank and must say that I'm really happy with their services. Not all of the staff speak English but I must say that they are much more friendly, helpful than SCB's staff. I will definitely recommend K Bank for any farangs here.

• 3 months later...

Totally agree with you. I have just opened a new account with Kasikorn Bank and must say that I'm really happy with their services. Not all of the staff speak English but I must say that they are much more friendly, helpful than SCB's staff. I will definitely recommend K Bank for any farangs here.

I concur with the congeniality of the Kbank staff. Wondering about their Premier credit card - the girl really couldn't explain it fully and transcribing the brochure is a pain in the ass. Does anyone have one of these and what are the benefits?

Edited by EnhancePlus

I agree with Furbie - KTC is the easiest to get a credit card with - widely accepted with cash back and interest-free hire-purchase arrangements in line with other major cards. They have English speaking staff at their call center, you can check your balance online and have the statements posted and/or emailed to you. You can pay or seek assistance at any Krung Thai bank but there are also exclusive KTC branches in major malls.