Yamaha Fzx 750 Fuel Pump.

undercover

The photo is of a Yamaha FZX 750 electric fuel pump. I do not want to buy a second hand replacement I am looking to replace it with new.

My question is does anybody know of a cheaper alternative to the FZX pump ?

I do not think a car pump would do as the pressure might be too high. as the bikes pump pressure is only 2.28 psi

Does anybody know if the modern scooters, Honda Scoopy / Fino / Nouvo ect use an electric fuel pump that might work on the bigger bike ?

post-39028-0-30176800-1330492309_thumb.j

do you know what is wrong with the pump, it's possible it could be repaired, I very much doubt you'll get an injection pump that will replace this, my Honda fuel rail runs at 50psi and I'd guess even small bikes have quite high pressure to enable the injector to work properly

I know on your bike you have a relay that feeds the pump have you checked this also.

yes I do understand that and my point is that fuel pumps are generally related to injection fuel system running at much higher pressures, I must ask the OP again - what is the problem you are having, there may be other solutions and failing that google is your friend

Thanks thaicbr I will now try a car shop as my next move.

As for your question smedly ... The pump was ticking very as if there was no petrol at the inlet ( there was) the outlet pipe had next to no petrol coming out, I tried the normal hitting it with a heavy spanner but it was not having any of it, I then took it apart but it is a sealed unit similar to the crimping on a modern car radiator, I had to prize it apart ! once apart I noticed a non return valve is not holding, there does not seem to be a way of getting to it as it is beneath some molded plastic. Even if repaired I would not really like to rely on this pump as the internals points ect look very tired.

The actual pump pressure in the manual is written like this ... 16.0 kPa (0.16 kg/cm) 2.28 psi

Thanks again for your help.