Nok Air Offers Bus Hop From Udon Thani To Vientiane

lazygourmet

Nok Air will team up with bus companies to provide an overland connection from Udon Thani to Vientiane starting 14 March. Restricted to just domestic services in Thailand, Nok Air will offer passengers travelling to Udon Thani, the nearest airport town to Nong Khai on the border with Laos, a bus service to the immigration checkpoint. It hopes to capture some of the visa-run traffic and attract travellers who want to visit Vientiane but need to save on the international fare.

Source: TTRweekly

not really news at all-that van has existed since about the bridge opened. It likely only means that the mad crush rush to grab the seats in that van are now partly relived as maybe bookable via NOK's site.

and DO note; read the fine lines, it is ONLY till bridge-not into Laos!

What kenai writes is really complte ignorant: as long as Udorn-or Ubol or KhonKhaen airport have opened there were flights-if s/he is small pocketed, sicne AirAsia and/or NOK or 1-2-GO opened s/he could have taken the chance. This van-as explained not really new either-has hardly nay meaning for that

I agree with Asanee. This is really no different than what is already provided via private vans. Most likely NOK is just providing an advance ticket for the same service. I recently did the Udon Thani to Vientiane run after flying to UT via NOK. I just exited the airport and snagged the first mini-van headed for the border. And that ONLY gets you to the border. You have to figure out other transportation once you're across. Again... no shortage of services on the Lao side to get you to Vientiane (I personally took the public transport bus for 6000 Kip).

not really news at all-that van has existed since about the bridge opened. It likely only means that the mad crush rush to grab the seats in that van are now partly relived as maybe bookable via NOK's site.

and DO note; read the fine lines, it is ONLY till bridge-not into Laos!

What kenai writes is really complte ignorant: as long as Udorn-or Ubol or KhonKhaen airport have opened there were flights-if s/he is small pocketed, sicne AirAsia and/or NOK or 1-2-GO opened s/he could have taken the chance. This van-as explained not really new either-has hardly nay meaning for that

I certainly hope for your sake that you find out the names of your parents soon. Have a nice day.