Poll: Worst Driver In Thailand

Butterfly

The speed limit is normally 90kph unless you're on the expressway. Some truck drivers think they can drive their trucks with the same finess as a car; weaving in and out of the fast lane to past slower drivers. If you're doing 120, only another car should pass you, definitely not a 10 wheel truck or VIP coach. It's a simple fact, you can't safely drive a large vehicle that fast and expect it to handle well.

no-one has mentioned who to me are the worst drivers in Thailand. In fact the worst drivers in any country. It certainly wasn't in the poll.

My nightmare drivers are those who dawdle along at 30kph be it in the fast lane or the slow lane, or worse still on single lane highways. The slow driver is infinately more dangerous than the fast driverThe fast driver you can normally avoid, but the slow driver is a menace. I find here in Thailand that there are dozens more drivers that go too slow, than those who go too fast. Ok, all buses go too fast, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

I think that faraang are the worst driver ive seen. They come here and expect their laws and rule and regulations and way of driving where ever they hab come frum will apply to them here. That we as thai are spossed to follow their old way of road conduct in their country they have come from. The road is for driving, not looking at everything , not driving related, as i see so many of them do. They try to wave at everyone on the sides of roads who are merelly going about their business instead of paying attention to the road and then get upset because they maybe did not get a response frum the person, BECAUSE yur driving, just pay attention to the road and stop tryting to greet every1 as yu do so.

I think that faraang are the worst driver ive seen. They come here and expect their laws and rule and regulations and way of driving where ever they hab come frum will apply to them here. That we as thai are spossed to follow their old way of road conduct in their country they have come from. The road is for driving, not looking at everything , not driving related, as i see so many of them do.  They try to wave at everyone on the sides of roads who are merelly going about their business instead of paying attention to the road and then get upset because they maybe did not get a response frum the person, BECAUSE yur driving, just pay attention to the road and stop tryting to greet every1 as yu do so.

Hey! Your avatar... av-24984.jpg

Is that one of those noisy mufflers that makes a crappy car sound like a Ferrari and makes you think you're getting everybody's attention as you drive by? :o

I think that faraang are the worst driver ive seen. They come here and expect their laws and rule and regulations and way of driving where ever they hab come frum will apply to them here. That we as thai are spossed to follow their old way of road conduct in their country they have come from. The road is for driving, not looking at everything , not driving related, as i see so many of them do.  They try to wave at everyone on the sides of roads who are merelly going about their business instead of paying attention to the road and then get upset because they maybe did not get a response frum the person, BECAUSE yur driving, just pay attention to the road and stop tryting to greet every1 as yu do so.

A troll? Too stereotyped to be real, surely. Please tell me you're a troll. Even the sig... :o

Im far from being a troll thank yu, My family is well to do and very business oriented. We live in the north where culture still blooms stronglly. We are college educated wether we attended college here in Chiang mai or as I Nihon University in Japan,i am a business owner, hense my sn the name of my business, we do engine tuning and performance build ups on motorcycles and automobiles. And do have a brand of muffler's also. Don't judge the people and the place that yu as westerners have come to live or visit. It's odd yu come to a place yu have so much to complain about.

With all the bad driving experience we are all having here, maybe we should take a poll of what we think are the worst drivers and how to avoid them.

So I will start with what I think is my order of bad drivers:

1. The "Pickup Driver" who think he is driving a Ferrari

2. The private "Expensive Mini-Van" driver who is driving faster than a Ferrari

3. The "Commercial Mini-Bus" drivers on YaBa who needs to deliver his passengers before the night fall

4. The private "Commercial Big Bus" drivers on YaBa who are racing each other and who think they own the road.

5. The "BMWer Red Plate" (actually all plates) who need to race anyone to prove that they own the road

6. The Farangs Drivers (all of them) or their chauffeurs in their imported car

7. BKK Only: The City Bus (Green being the worst) and those ###### motorbikes

I am sure I am forgetting some !!!

PS: Don't know how to use the Polls, so maybe one mod could transform that list into a poll. Thanks.

Mate - it has to be you. Three point turns in the middle of rush hour traffic, pulling out blindly from junctions - you know, the general French continental things. Being in a car with you is almost as terrifying as being in your company when you insist on urinating against goverment buildings....

Im far from being a troll thank yu, My family is well to do and very business oriented. We live in the north where culture still blooms stronglly. We are college educated wether we attended college here in Chiang mai or as I Nihon University in Japan,i am a business owner, hense my sn the name of my business, we do engine tuning and performance build ups on motorcycles and automobiles. And do have a brand of muffler's also. Don't judge the people and the place that yu as westerners have come to live or visit. It's odd yu come to a place yu have so much to complain about.

Mr Moderator does that post breech this rule:

7) Spam, flooding, commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations are also inappropriate and not allowed on thaivisa.com. Any member who might violate this prohibition will be banned from these forums and this site. Membership is at the will of thaivisa.com. Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, or specifics that would lead people to your site.

Mate - it has to be you. Three point turns in the middle of rush hour traffic, pulling out blindly from junctions - you know, the general French continental things. Being in a car with you is almost as terrifying as being in your company when you insist on urinating against goverment buildings....

:o

Yeah, I agree. And it's getting worse. I am starting to drive like a Thai

You should see me driving on the road now, a real "racer" :D

Hey I was as drunk as you were (maybe not) and I don't think it was a government building (it looked like one though) :D

Edited by Butterfly

Yes you’re a real genius. Judging from one of your previous posts I guess that your fine education failed to teach you any common sense.

I say good JOB !!! See good people like us DO get VIP. I am always driving great even when i drink, altho , i do not drink to much before drive. Kareoke or dance it off and then get in rot and blast music and pay attention!!! I never have to much to drink before i drive, either that or i never make it to my car. BambinA we should karaeoke and BBQ great party!!!

Your one of Thailand great drink drivers. I often see them. Still I'm only a ferang, from a developed country; don't go changing your traditional dangerous and ridiculous ideals for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my worst drivers from up country.

1. Trucks. They refuse to have to use their brakes and indicators as that means changing gears and all that extra work. They love to be overloaded and will pass anything anytime. Drive late at night at your peril, that is when the ya ba kicks in.

2. Motorcycles with no lights and people riding them pulling into the road without first looking. Too much effort required.

3. Tuk Tuks (the country version with the single cylinder deisel) who think that sticking a couple of cd's on the back makes them visible at night.

4. Buses. I see too many on their side on perfectly straight roads.

I don't drive up country at night!!