Water Buffalo

I thought they were all on ThaiVisa.

I thrust my way past dozens of them on my morning walks (here I refer to the ones with horns... oh dear, I mean natural horns, not those bestowed by their wives). My toy poodle disapproves of them, and barks at them from about 6 inches away; they just goggle.

Answer to OP's question: most of the rice-growing areas of Isan still have plenty, though they're rarely used for work... just for "beef".

Are we talking about buffalo or water buffalo? I thought that they were different or have I been scammed?

I thought the terms were used interchangeably in Thailand, but that could be bullocks.

SC

Yes , and that is undoubtedly the tastiest cut of the animal .

I thought they were all on ThaiVisa.

I thrust my way past dozens of them on my morning walks (here I refer to the ones with horns... oh dear, I mean natural horns, not those bestowed by their wives). My toy poodle disapproves of them, and barks at them from about 6 inches away; they just goggle.

Answer to OP's question: most of the rice-growing areas of Isan still have plenty, though they're rarely used for work... just for "beef".

Are we talking about buffalo or water buffalo? I thought that they were different or have I been scammed?

I thought the terms were used interchangeably in Thailand, but that could be bullocks.

SC

Yes , and that is undoubtedly the tastiest cut of the animal .

Surprisingly, for a man in my career, it was a work-related conundrum that drove me to find the word 'elastration'

SC