Convenient Stores

There are a few Tesco Expresses opening now, at least on the southern section of the ring road. Gets my vote, as I should be able to use my Tesco card. Very rarely go to 7-11 or family mart, no need to!!!!!

Also one in HuaThanon and BanRak.

There are a few Tesco Expresses opening now, at least on the southern section of the ring road. Gets my vote, as I should be able to use my Tesco card. Very rarely go to 7-11 or family mart, no need to!!!!!

tesco club (point/reward) card or tesco credit card?

honestly i just don't see the need for tesco express, given the number of convenience stores and mom and pop shops. tesco may think they see a need for them hence the development but i've never shopped at one and really don't think i would ever shop at one.

should be down to the polls

there are allot of conventant tescos about now to compete against i like them more as they have more stock. TOPs sells whee a bix. i know tesco lotus has them but if you want stuff quickly then conventient stores are very conevinant.

doesn't bother me at all that there are loads of them as when i am on the island i am a stones throw away from a beach and a stones throw away from a 7/11 or family mart

i prefer mom and pop stores, as the sell booze every day regardless, and dont have that stupid 2-5 rule, plus they give you credit if you dont have enough money on you

Not sure where you are based Boater, but about 8/9 years ago I went to a mom and pop store at the end of the soi where I live. I wanted a bag of ice.

"12 baht" said she.

"Excuse me - but ice is 5 baht" said I (inThai - vey polite)

"You Farang - pay more" said she.

"But I live here " said I.

"12 baht!"

I explained to her that I did not want her ice and that I would never go into her shop again as long as I live, and that I would also encourage everyone that I know to do the same.

Most businesses in this area have grown. Hers has not.

Convenience stores do have their place - but not if they do not carry what you want.

Your point about the licencing hours is very true though. Luckily in Bang Rak there are a couple of larger places that carry almost everything and sell it anytime that they are open.

Edited by Tropicalevo

i prefer mom and pop stores, as the sell booze every day regardless, and dont have that stupid 2-5 rule, plus they give you credit if you dont have enough money on you

Not sure where you are based Boater, but about 8/9 years ago I went to a mom and pop store at the end of the soi where I live. I wanted a bag of ice.

"12 baht" said she.

"Excuse me - but ice is 5 baht" said I (inThai - vey polite)

"You Farang - pay more" said she.

"But I live here " said I.

"12 baht!"

I explained to her that I did not want her ice and that I would never go into her shop again as long as I live, and that I would also encourage everyone that I know to do the same.

Most businesses in this area have grown. Hers has not.

Convenience stores do have their place - but not if they do not carry what you want.

Your point about the licencing hours is very true though. Luckily in Bang Rak there are a couple of larger places that carry almost everything and sell it anytime that they are open.

did u say politely that you were never coming back and you shall do your best to ruin her business and stop other people coming in.

point taken. Thai and Forang prices. Problem now is that i believe that Thais are richer now than us. So they should still do thai and forang prices but cheaper for forangs.

Thailand is a funny place. Some places don't allow their own people inside. Some thai places only acccept thai customers.

It is funny coming here once u have luved hear for a very very long time and venture outside thailand to say maccau or HK and you get treated like an equal. It does not feel normal. then when u come back here u r racally segriated the moment u arrive at immergration but i love it.

We can become thai citerns u know. Allot of asians go to the west and learn our language read it write it. sing antherm and all that. for some reason we do not even try. Allo t of us cant even speak the language.

my point from conevnce store to cititernship is that we all have choices just like weather to go to 7 or familyy mart or for a nice deep oil massage at 0200 am with a young lady with magic fingers .)

Anyway if i was thai i would charge all forangs 50 % more than Thais just to be nice. Nice and cold as Ice ia m willing to sacrifice ) there is a reason why a came here and it was not to get away from thai is was to get away from the other ones. you know the me's. too many people like me out there there can only be one me and that is me and i shall strike down with furious anger and great vengance anyone that trys to poison me. For i am truely my brothers keeper.

An as i lay my hand upon thee . . . . . . . . . . .

Do you believe in devine intervention. like god came down and changed the prices. Well i went into a shop that sold chicken barbque and they charged me 30 baht. then a thai person cam eand they charged them tohe same.

now you can call it what u want but i belive that god came down and diverted the words from the thai to the thai sma price as a thai and that is un explainable a miricale.

good night cod bless

Edited by BigC