Kawasaki Ksr-110

I see these little Kawasaki’s blasting around with adult Thais at the controls & I yearn for my misspent youth when I rode bikes all the time.

I want one !

What I would like to know is : are they really practical for a 6’ falang to ride short distances ? Can my diminutive Thai girl squeeze on the back ?

Are the Chinese bikes that look very similar for sale at Big C any good?

I have read the sales blurb , see below , it’s not enough to put me off , I guess I need to test ride & see.

Any advice/experience from the members much appreciated.

“Kawasaki KSR-110 Big Performance Delivered by a Fun-Sized bike. The design and the engine are both designed to be friendly to use for beginners and novices drivers. while also offering a roomy layout and enough performance to suit more-advanced riders.”

i think theyre cool as well but bound to be cramped if youre about 6 foot high

the ones i see are ridden by small men or teenagers ,i would get a small klx 140

elegance 135 or even a pcx if i wanted to be comfortable and carry a passenger

if budget is tight,you can find them all second hand ,i wouldnt buy a chinese bike

from the big c ever :)

I've got one but I'm shorter than you. Great town bike, good fuel economy, bullet proof and very easy through traffic but the engine is quite weak IMO. I certainly wouldn't call it Big Performance, more like a Wave 125 or something like that. My ex-girlfriend used to ride on the back (I got the aftermarket passenger footpegs) and she said it was fine for around 10 kms but any more than that and she wanted to take a different bike.

Loads of aftermarket parts, I'm after some wider bars and a new shock but no time to go looking at the moment due to work commitments. At 6 foot tall it might be a bit small for you though.

the ones i see are ridden by small men or teenagers ,i would get a small klx 140

Um Wana... You know that the KLX140 isn't street legal, right? passifier.gif

2008_KLX140_R.jpg

Or perhaps you're thinking about the KLX125?

Kawasaki_KLX125_2011.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Um Wana... You know that the KLX140 isn't street legal, right? passifier.gif

2008_KLX140_R.jpg

Or perhaps you're thinking about the KLX125?

Kawasaki_KLX125_2011.jpg

maybe its the 125 then ! they both look a bit more spacious for a a tall gentleman than a ksr 110 licklips.gif

Thanks a lot for your advice and suggestions

I like the look of the 125/140 trail bike , it’s lime green like a Kawasaki should be & I’m sure would it would be more practical for me to ride.

Is it possible/advisable to fit proper street tires on one of these ?

I’ve had experience slipping around wet roads on knobby tires and I can’t imagine doing any serious trail riding anyway.

I’m coming home again next week next to Jomtien – Pattaya after my months servitude and researching now for a local Kawasaki dealer where I may be able to look at/test ride a few different models , any suggestions gratefully received.

I want a brand new one & it must be:

1/Lime Green

2/Not a Sissy step-thru

3/Manual transmission.

4/ Priced up to around 100,000 – 150,000 Thai Baht.

What a shame they don’t make 2 strokes any more , a lime green Kawasaki 500cc KH/H1 Mach III is what I really want , with one of those I could really relive some of my youthful recklessness.

I think I’m going through some kind of late mid-life crises,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-147732-0-96288700-1330671215_thumb.

post-147732-0-69347600-1330671243_thumb.

post-147732-0-82185500-1330671270_thumb.

A post containing a link to another forum has been removed:

10) Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums . Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.Advertisers are the only members allowed to post links, URL's or addresses to their sites.

Thanks a lot for your advice and suggestions

I like the look of the 125/140 trail bike , it’s lime green like a Kawasaki should be & I’m sure would it would be more practical for me to ride.

Is it possible/advisable to fit proper street tires on one of these ?

I’ve had experience slipping around wet roads on knobby tires and I can’t imagine doing any serious trail riding anyway.

I’m coming home again next week next to Jomtien – Pattaya after my months servitude and researching now for a local Kawasaki dealer where I may be able to look at/test ride a few different models , any suggestions gratefully received.

I want a brand new one & it must be:

1/Lime Green

2/Not a Sissy step-thru

3/Manual transmission.

4/ Priced up to around 100,000 – 150,000 Thai Baht.

What a shame they don’t make 2 strokes any more , a lime green Kawasaki 500cc KH/H1 Mach III is what I really want , with one of those I could really relive some of my youthful recklessness.

I think I’m going through some kind of late mid-life crises,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you budget is 100-150k you could get a d-tracker 250 , klx 250 or a honda crf 250 is due out soon

better than the 125/140s IMO

Get a DTX 125 then - should be fun, and more suited to your size. I love the KSR but looked at it in the shop and hey, it's toy size... just too small & I am 5'11...

color_dtracker125_green.jpg

I like the 125 DTX - IMO the 125s look better than the 250s for some reason... not sure why...

See here: http://www.kawasaki....dtracker125.asp

Aye, but if you ride one you will be shocked at how gutless they are... I don't know why, but a KSR110 really feels like it pulls harder than a D-Tracker 125. Anyway, if the OP is 6 foot tall and has a budget of 100-150K baht I'd recommend he look at a 250cc bike. He mentioned putting his gf on the back and even if she's a feather weight they would really struggle to get around on a bike smaller than 250cc IMO.

Ride On!

T

Get a DTX 125 then - should be fun, and more suited to your size. I love the KSR but looked at it in the shop and hey, it's toy size... just too small & I am 5'11...

color_dtracker125_green.jpg

I like the 125 DTX - IMO the 125s look better than the 250s for some reason... not sure why...

See here: http://www.kawasaki....dtracker125.asp

I don't know why, but a KSR110 really feels like it pulls harder than a D-Tracker 125.

T

sit in a go kart and you will notice that being close to the ground makes things seem a lot faster licklips.gif

My wife wanted a new KSR, having several Kawasakis I was open to the idea, but I said lets rent one for a week.

after just 2 days it sat in the drive way the next 5 days before we returned it.

Not really that good for more than 1 person, yes we have seen it, but do you like sitting on a fender ?

top speed was 90, just 90 kph

hard starting,

not good for grocery getting and market runs, no storage

very goofy shifting 4 speed

A cult bike, and good as an extra toy but not for ones main bike IMO

My wife wanted a new KSR, having several Kawasakis I was open to the idea, but I said lets rent one for a week.

after just 2 days it sat in the drive way the next 5 days before we returned it.

Not really that good for more than 1 person, yes we have seen it, but do you like sitting on a fender ?

top speed was 90, just 90 kph

hard starting,

not good for grocery getting and market runs, no storage

very goofy shifting 4 speed

A cult bike, and good as an extra toy but not for ones main bike IMO

I'd disagree about the hard starting and I like the 4 speed box but the other points are valid. I've only done about 7000 Kms in 5 years ownership but for some reason I've never considered selling it. It's a funky little bike and great for commuting in the city but it's not well suited to being an only bike for 2 people.