Income Statement

Hi All, apologies for asking this question as I know its been covered many times but I need to get something clarified before going ahead.

I am applying for my One year extension based on marriage (Marriage Visa) and have all the neccessary documents, however when it comes to the income statement proving a salary greater than 40k THB per month I have a query. The income statement / schedule form the company back home which pays me covers the last six months payments(just the way the company arranged it), is that acceptable or do they require a list for a full year?

This statement will of course be stamped by my embassy and I can provide my Thai Bank book which matches these inward payments. Is that sufficent or do I have to contact the company back home and ask for a full year? I ask this because the immigration office said I need either 400k in the bank or minimum salary of 40k per month (no less than 400k per annum). I have only two weeks left before my 90 day imm 0 visa expires so am under time pressure.

Also the payments for the six months are paid every two months but exceed the required 40k per month when calculated out, is it a problem that the payments are not monthly?.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paddy

Your income from abroad is determined and certified by your embassy. They decide what they will accept as proof. Normally they look at your yearly income and state that, but depends on the embassy in question. 2 monthly payments should not be a problem.

There is no need to show income comming into Thailand, although a bankbook with some money in it might be asked for to show you have money to spend.

Thanks a mill Mario, I will get a letter covering the year from back home and make a visit to the embassy. Paddy

you dont need 1 year.. Ive just been to the British Embassy and showed 3 months.

When I have gone to the British Embassy, I have always provided just the previous 3 months bank statements which doesnt show where the money is from just that it is coming in regularly.and never had a problem either.

Edited by CharlieH

Thanks guys, have asked the embassy to clarify. Another question, why do immigration not raise the issue of a work permit if an applicant is receiving income (not pension) from abroad whilst living here? Do the different Thai ministries communicate with each other re tax on any of this stated income??

What does a work permit for working in Thailand has to do with receiving income from abroad? You don't need a work eprmit for that.

Many countries have tax agrements with Thailand to avoid people paying double taxes. But Thailand normally doesn't tax income, offcially not if the income is not brought into the country within the same year it was earned. But in practise that is not checked.

Thanks a mill Mario, I will get a letter covering the year from back home and make a visit to the embassy. Paddy

you dont need 1 year.. Ive just been to the British Embassy and showed 3 months.

When I have gone to the British Embassy, I have always provided just the previous 3 months bank statements which doesnt show where the money is from just that it is coming in regularly.and never had a problem either.

Interesting if so, as every year i have to contact my pension trustee to get a yearly pension statement, so what you are saying is all i need to do is provide some bank statements from my (offshore account) to the embassey showing my monthly pension being paid in?

Edited by rizla

"Also, Thai immigration offices all have their different interpretation of what they want you to produce. It's a real pain, it is not consistent. "

That's odd. I thought this was one thing they were all consistent with = they all want to see the letter from your embassy. Or the letter from your bank if you go that route.

"Also, Thai immigration offices all have their different interpretation of what they want you to produce. It's a real pain, it is not consistent. "

That's odd. I thought this was one thing they were all consistent with = they all want to see the letter from your embassy. Or the letter from your bank if you go that route.

They are consstent in that but but they are now asking for proof of income for the previous three months of some folks...SOME not ALL!