Getting A Work Permit

I am a farang, living here on a retirement extension for the past few years. If I want to work, I know I must change to a different visa type, but:

What steps must I take to get a work permit, and at what government office can I inquire to get proper advice before & during the process? Thanks!

Edited by Michaelaway

You must go to the labour office, they deal with work permits.

But for a work permit, you must first have an employer willing to employ you. With paperwork from both you than apply for a work permit, allowing you to work for that specifick employer in the in the work permit mentioned function.

In your case you would apply for the work eprmit and get a wp3 form from the labour office. Together with additional paperwork from the employer you would than apply for a non-B visa in a neighbouring country with the wp3 form.

You must go to the labour office, they deal with work permits.

But for a work permit, you must first have an employer willing to employ you. With paperwork from both you than apply for a work permit, allowing you to work for that specifick employer in the in the work permit mentioned function.

In your case you would apply for the work eprmit and get a wp3 form from the labour office. Together with additional paperwork from the employer you would than apply for a non-B visa in a neighbouring country with the wp3 form.

The WP3 form itself is used to apply for a Work Permit at Labour, which you can do before you have a non immigrant B visa - the receipt for a successful WP3 filing (A5 sized slip of paper) is often used in lieu of the Letter of Acceptance from Labour when applying for a Non Immigrant B Visa at a Thai Consulate overseas - along with a whole bunch more company papers, etc - see attached MFA Link below:

http://www.mfa.go.th...482.php?id=2492

Once you have the non B and appropriate 90 day entry stamp in your passport, then you can use this along with the WP3 Receipt to pick up and pay for your Work Permit from Labour.