A Public Retraction Of My Post About Applecare

watcharacters

I posted it's possible to receive Applecare for an iPhone bought in Thailand if one uses a credit card with a billing address outside Thailand. At the time I posted that it was correct but it's no longer correct. I apologize for the misleading information.

I've spent an enormous amount of time on the phone the past week with Apple and my feelings about the company and its products remain as positive as ever. I look forward to being a very satisfied and loyal Apple customer

My previous post on Thaivisa.com:

When I was at the Apple repair center in BKK and asked about Applecare, the lady in charge there told me Applecare isnt available in Thailand. She also told me they wouldn't t repair a phone I bought in the USA. The lady even went so far as to tell me I shoudl buy a phone from Dtac, True or the other carrier (AIS?). She also recommended I buy an Iphone from a reseller without mentioning the online Applestore in Thailand.

I dealt with this lady as I was bringing in two failed power adaptors for two laps under warrenty.

The lady was only partically correct about the Applecare. I learned after quite some time on the phone with Australia Applecare that I can buy Appecare if I use a credit card that has an address outside Thailand. While the Care won't provide the hardward protection normally given, it does afford phone support for two years from date of purchase. I especially wanted the phone support. Cost 99ASU

I was told by Applecare that the reason BKK won't take in a USA phone is that there are two distinctly different iPhones: one is as Asian-Pacific phone and the other is a USA-canadian- New Zealand oriented phone. I suppose there may be others as well.

I'm disappointed I couldn't get the above information from the Apple repair center as I expect Apple to provide the same great customer service to which I've become accustomed over the years no matter which Apple facility I'm in. This lady isn't doing Apple any favors. She also gave me grief when i asked her to put the wifi password in my lap as I wanted to look at something while I was there. She asked me why I wanted wifi as if it was any of her business. I told her all the Apple stores I been in in the USA which is several have automatic Wifi available to customers. She tried to fill me BS about bandwidth and etc.

Apple replaced both power adaptors and also got the sound working again on my Air. I didn't expect the sound to be repaired under warranty as I know Apple correctly detected mositure on the Air. The service came through again.