Marketing And Advertising Jobs For Foreigners In Thailand

I have just relocated to Bangkok following the completion of my MBA degree in Australia, but am an American national. I have come on a single-entry non-immigrant "o" visa but plan to get this extended to one year and my dad lives here on a retirement visa.

My background includes 3 years of marketing in Los Angeles, however I am looking to continue working in marketing and advertising in Thailand. I wanted to know how hard it would be to get a job here in these fields and are most foreign/thai companies open to foreigners? I have been applying to roles on jobsdb, jobstreet, monster and the bangkok post, but havent received any call backs so far. Any strategies or advice on how to go about obtaining a marketing/advertising position. My ideal industry would be consumer goods, but open to many different avenues at the moment

• Like 1

Nearly impossible.

1. your salary expectations compared with a thai staff are crazy high (even if in your opinion it is really low what you ask for)

2. companies most propably had to raise their capital by 4 Mio Baht to get a work permit for a foreigner

3. companies had to pay for work permit and visa for you. which ends up with over 100,000 Baht easily.

So rock bottom: its so much easier to hire good thai staff.

it will be very very hard for you to find a job if not even impossible. sorry i dont have better news for you.

yoyo

• Like 1

Nearly impossible.

1. your salary expectations compared with a thai staff are crazy high (even if in your opinion it is really low what you ask for)

2. companies most propably had to raise their capital by 4 Mio Baht to get a work permit for a foreigner

3. companies had to pay for work permit and visa for you. which ends up with over 100,000 Baht easily.

it will be very very hard for you to find a job if not even impossible. sorry i dont have better news for you.

yoyo

Nonsense. Standard, predictable response. Surprised you didn't suggest teaching.

How fluent are you in the Thai language? Unless you are 100% fluent, the chances of getting a job in advertizing are near zero, and only marginally better if you are fluent.

I think there is one member here who work's in advertising/marketing/sales for magazines aimed at expats...

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Nearly impossible.

yoyo

Where did you get the cost of a work permit and visa? Nowhere close to this cost. Less then 10K if the companies does it itself.

work permit fee is only 3000B, visa depends on what visa non-B multi-entry if i recall correctly was 5000B.

It is possible to get a job here in marketing. There are companies that want to hire expats to conduct international sales. It's not easy but can be done.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

Nearly impossible.

yoyo

Where did you get the cost of a work permit and visa? Nowhere close to this cost. Less then 10K if the companies does it itself.

work permit fee is only 3000B, visa depends on what visa non-B multi-entry if i recall correctly was 5000B.

It is possible to get a job here in marketing. There are companies that want to hire expats to conduct international sales. It's not easy but can be done.

Good luck!!

Where did you get the cost of a work permit and visa? At the bottom of a bottle of Sang Som

Nearly impossible.

yoyo

Good luck!!

Where did you get the cost of a work permit and visa? At the bottom of a bottle of Sang Som

Are you speaking to me? if so this is what we paid for mine with my staff doing it our self, maybe we get.a special price since we are BOI.

and I might be off 1000B or so but i know it was under 10K for every thing. I did the visa in the US and my girl did the work permit through the 1-stop service. No way is it 100K even lawyers are offering for 15K or 20K.

Nearly impossible.

yoyo

Good luck!!

Are you speaking to me? if so this is what we paid for mine with my staff doing it our self, maybe we get.a special price since we are BOI.

and I might be off 1000B or so but i know it was under 10K for every thing. I did the visa in the US and my girl did the work permit through the 1-stop service. No way is it 100K even lawyers are offering for 15K or 20K.

Referring to the 100k nonsense

• Like 1

Here's an idea. Start your own marketing and advertising outfit and base it in Australia. Recruit locally and start establishing a network. People pay more for work form Australia which you've outsourced to Thai. Just my 2 cents.

Here's an idea. Start your own marketing and advertising outfit and base it in Australia. Recruit locally and start establishing a network. People pay more for work form Australia which you've outsourced to Thai. Just my 2 cents.

good advice,if your any good you should have no problem getting work from oz,ive never been out of work in the sales /marketing biz working for overseas companies
  • Like 1