Tourist Visa For Tg?

I have been planning a trip to the US with my Thai gf sometime late in 2006. I've read a lot of posts here and letters to the Bangkok Post but have seen nothing that covers our specific situation.

I am a semi-retired professional with my social security and a small income from part-time work here in Thailand. Unfortunately, I do not have substantial assets here or in the US. My income provides a good living here but, in the US, I would only have the social security and that would not support me, let alone the two of us.

She is a university graduate, 36 yo, never married, and no kids. She does not work and I provide all of her support as she has no assets, either.

The unique factor is that I am still legally married to my Japanese wife, who lives in the US. As a result, I don't think I can apply for a fiancee or marriage visa for her.

I have a couple of questions. First, I wonder if we have a chance at getting her a visa? Then, if we do, what approach should we use in presenting our case?

Anybody have any experience with a similar case? Any comments? Suggestions?

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks

The key is can your TG support herself and does she have reason to return to thailand (job, kids, property)? The details you have provided certainly indicates she can't and there would be no reason for her to return to Thailand.

Edited by britmaveric