Importing Goods In Personal Name

futv

My wife (Thai national) is going to import goods from China.

It's gonna be 200pcs, worth approximately $10k, so clearly not for personal use.

Manufacturer can provide Form E, and goods fall under FTA ASEAN-China agreement.

So I understand, she will have to pay only 7% VAT on C.I.F. value.

However my wife doesn't has any business registration.

I've heard (not from reliable source though), that in case of importing in personal name FTA agreements do not apply,

Can someone please confirm it ?

Also do you suggest to go with some import broker, or it's easy enough to handle by ourselves ?

Thank a lot for you feedback.

1. Let me check about the Form E. I think it's still valid, even if the import is under a personal name.

2. You have to use a customs broker. Believe me, it's not easy and these people have to take an exam and get a licence before they are even allowed to hand in the customs entries.

1. Let me check about the Form E. I think it's still valid, even if the import is under a personal name.

2. You have to use a customs broker. Believe me, it's not easy and these people have to take an exam and get a licence before they are even allowed to hand in the customs entries.

Regarding the broker.

We are located in Chiang Mai, and so will be destination address.

Where goods will get cleared, here, or in Bangkok ?

Anyone can recommend any reliable and reasonably priced broker ?

• 2 months later...

I have import experience from china to Chiang Mai. Will introduce you to our. Agent, who will sort everything easily. Depending on your products HS code, it may not qualify for free trade agreement.

• 1 year later...

I have import experience from china to Chiang Mai. Will introduce you to our. Agent, who will sort everything easily. Depending on your products HS code, it may not qualify for free trade agreement.

Is there a list of those HS codes that fall within the free trade agreement online or is it otherwise obtainable?