Demonoid.Me Working For You? (Tot)

Jingthing

Sunday morning here in Rayong province, with TOT:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.demonoid.me/?rel=1233995956” because Safari can’t find the server “www.demonoid.me”.

Edit: additional comment

And although I use other trackers, I sometimes like Demonoid for the occasional movie or tv show, but find it great for getting e-books. Sure hope it's back up for me soon.

Edited by JusMe

Well, it sounds to be clearly a TOT issue (in some localities). coffee1.gif

I used to have TOT adsl as well and I noticed many times that the demonoid tracker site was being filtered. I would have to use TOR to get past that. It doesn't surprise me that TOT has fully blocked out demonoid and I would think other torrent sites or big trackers will also get blocked since it is clear that they are the ones taking up the most of the precious international bandwidth. I see folks over in the PB thread posting they use up 45 GB a day... jeeze.. save some water for the fish why don't you ;)

I used to have TOT adsl as well and I noticed many times that the demonoid tracker site was being filtered. I would have to use TOR to get past that. It doesn't surprise me that TOT has fully blocked out demonoid and I would think other torrent sites or big trackers will also get blocked since it is clear that they are the ones taking up the most of the precious international bandwidth. I see folks over in the PB thread posting they use up 45 GB a day... jeeze.. save some water for the fish why don't you wink.png

I think it is way too early to assume this is a permanent policy for TOT. But obviously, we don't know for sure as yet.

I used to have TOT adsl as well and I noticed many times that the demonoid tracker site was being filtered. I would have to use TOR to get past that. It doesn't surprise me that TOT has fully blocked out demonoid and I would think other torrent sites or big trackers will also get blocked since it is clear that they are the ones taking up the most of the precious international bandwidth. I see folks over in the PB thread posting they use up 45 GB a day... jeeze.. save some water for the fish why don't you wink.png
I think it is way too early to assume this is a permanent policy for TOT. But obviously, we don't know for sure as yet.

I can tell you from tests I did while a TOT ADSL customer that they do packet shaping on their customers. I don't know if this is across the board or maybe once you reach a threshold or what.

You can test for it here

http://broadband.mpi-sws.org/transparency/glasnost.php?

Also, I would frequently have to use TOR to get past the issues you guys are reporting in this thread. Since TOR is not being used to sidestep the law here I feel it can be discussed without violating the forum rules but I'm not going to go further unless asked specifics behind it.

@ Jayman, thanks for that test link. It turned up negative for me using TOT in Korat. So, it must be something else done by TOT. hope it's not permanent.

I would always force encrypted packets for torrent transfers. That usually helps with any ISP meddling. Also as I mentioned I would use TOR just to reach the trackers that the ISP was blocking (like demonoid)

If anyone is thinking about using Tor make sure your client is configured only to connect to the tracker, not to actually download the data over the Tor network (otherwise you're going to be pissing a whole lot of people off).

A VPN would solve this issue with a lot less hassle.

If anyone is thinking about using Tor make sure your client is configured only to connect to the tracker, not to actually download the data over the Tor network (otherwise you're going to be pissing a whole lot of people off).

A VPN would solve this issue with a lot less hassle.

not only would you piss a ton of folks off but your speeds would be crap.

One hour ago I called TOT in BKK and explained the situation. They were very apologetic and assured me that they had NOT blocked Demonoid and would investigate. I tried 5 minutes ago and Demonoid is reachable again. At least where I live (Kanchanaburi). Hope this solves the problem for all of you.

• Like 1

One hour ago I called TOT in BKK and explained the situation. They were very apologetic and assured me that they had NOT blocked Demonoid and would investigate. I tried 5 minutes ago and Demonoid is reachable again. At least where I live (Kanchanaburi). Hope this solves the problem for all of you.

Wow! great result. Yes, it's working here for me.

TOT called me just now to inform me that Demonoid is reachable again and asked me to verify. Great service! I have been with TOT for over 6 years now and so far they have always adequately addressed any internet-related issues that I've encountered. Maybe I've been lucky? Anyway, I'm glad the problem has been solved. Good sites are getting scarce since BTJunkie went black....

• Like 1

Thank you from the masses here for your bold action ... of making a phone call! Working again in Pattaya.

intheclub.gif