Temporary Import Restriction Coming

kcore

Greeting friends, rumor abound this week about the existing temporary import of big bikes. Must disturbing is that "soon" the number of times one is allowed to take his / hers bike out of Thailand and then re enter ( ie: bike border run) is about to be set leeo ( finished). Meaning you could get stuck at the border crossing of your choice,having your bike bike being denied entry into the kingdom. Anyone care to chime in with some concret info. Particularly as to WHEN enforcement is to begin? K

If its a simple " bike border run" like you call it ,there is no need for the bike to go outside anyway

park it ,walk across and in 1-2 hours you will be back with a new visa or whatever

If its a simple " bike border run" like you call it ,there is no need for the bike to go outside anyway

park it ,walk across and in 1-2 hours you will be back with a new visa or whatever

I think the OP means that his bike needs a visa - not just a visa for himself.

Sorry for all affected but it wouldn't surprise me... they cracked down on border runs, now cracking down on vehicle border runs. It's more or less cleaning up loopholes in the regulations, that's all.

I think what's going to happen is that all those bikes that do this right now - and I don't think it's that many - will become license-less bikes, or get a book and plate via alternate routes.

• Like 1