Wheres The Good Sushi

KRS1

I mean the good stuff with large pieces of sashimi and rice that is seasoned properly and big pieces japanese style.

Most places give measely little pieces of fish and the rice is just plain....if youve ever been to japan you should understand what im talking about ~!

• Like 1

I'm a big sushi lover myself. The best I've had, and it was good, is at Tsunami Sushi. I have no idea of the names of the roads or any landmarks I just know how to get there, but do an internet search and I'm sure you'll find it or someone else will post.

Last time I went, I decided to eat till I couldn't eat no more, sushi, hand rolls, sashimi and it was only about 650THB...in the States that would have been over $100 ez.

I went to Kason Sushi near Thai Pae gate and while it was good, Tsunami is much better. Also, it can get very crowded so go a little early if u can.

I've heard Sumo sushi is good but never been.

Hush Kitchen is pretty good.

And I can't remember the name now (dam_n!!!) but the one opposite the Mandari Dhara Dhevi is really good - all you can eat sushi for ~900 baht per person. I've never seen sashimi this size...

If you're looking for good, cheap sushi - doesn't exist. Except maybe in Japan...

The Sushi place at the entrance (back entrance near bike lot/opposite KFC) to Airport Central is good. Ok before I get slated, it is not 'your real deal' authentic Japanese sushi but hear me out.......399 per person, eat as MUCH as you like including tuna, salmon....basically everything on their menu....I get my money's worth on the salmon alone!

Tengoku.

Directly across the street from Mandarin Dhara Devi.

In general it's expensive...for here. High end quality, service and big pieces. they also have a 700 all you can eat buffet with sashimi etc. and an 800 Baht dinner one (2 hours)

Strangely enough they also have a desktop with free wifi at the sushi bar, so you can 'surf' while the chef carves your lunch out of the enormous blue fin on display in the kitchen window.

Tsunami is a decent place to go but the service is terrible. I go with Thais, and they don't fare any better than I do.

Tengoku De Cuisine

55/8 soi Watbuakrugruang Chaingmai-SanKampang Rd, Chiang Mai, Thailand

+66 53 851133

Sumo, near soi 9 on srirmangkalajarn, is owned and run by 2 thai brothers who worked in a Sushi place in Chicago for several years. They do "fancy" sushi rolls (rainbow rolls, spider rolls etc..). Good quality and portions.

I'm a big sushi lover myself. The best I've had, and it was good, is at Tsunami Sushi. I have no idea of the names of the roads or any landmarks I just know how to get there, but do an internet search and I'm sure you'll find it or someone else will post.

Last time I went, I decided to eat till I couldn't eat no more, sushi, hand rolls, sashimi and it was only about 650THB...in the States that would have been over $100 ez.

I went to Kason Sushi near Thai Pae gate and while it was good, Tsunami is much better. Also, it can get very crowded so go a little early if u can.

been there, not what im looking for, this is thai sushi...

Edited by KRS1

The best place I've been too is the place a couple of doors up from Salsa Kitchen. Doesn't look fancy but the biggest portions I've seen.

Go up Huay Khaw(spelling) road. Its past central opposite the shell station.

Been here too and is same stuff as tsunami....looking for something better.

Edited by KRS1

Was taken here by Japanese friends, they liked it so did we.

http://www.farangfri...sridonchai-road

I've also eaten there a few times and liked it. Quite a step up from Fuji or Zen (which is the name of the restaurant near KFC at AP), though quite expensive also. Looking forward to try some of the other places mentioned in this thread now, in particular the place mentioned opposite Dhara Devi. Never experienced a sushi buffet that was anything more than passable (and no, the

Zen buffet does not include tuna, unless you count the "tuna salad" thing), so interested in giving that a try after reading the positive comments here. Price wise it looks like it would be cheaper than some of my meals at Ichiban also.

^ That would be Tsunami. I Googled it.

Unless Tsunami moved in the last couple of days, that is not the place that Throatwobbler mentioned. Tsunami is just west of Canal Rd.

I've heard good things about the place near Salsa Kitchen, but I've never been. Nor do I have any idea what the name is.

I can't help the OP. He has already vetoed all of my choices.

I've also eaten there a few times and liked it. Quite a step up from Fuji or Zen (which is the name of the restaurant near KFC at AP), though quite expensive also. Looking forward to try some of the other places mentioned in this thread now, in particular the place mentioned opposite Dhara Devi. Never experienced a sushi buffet that was anything more than passable (and no, the

Zen buffet does not include tuna, unless you count the "tuna salad" thing), so interested in giving that a try after reading the positive comments here. Price wise it looks like it would be cheaper than some of my meals at Ichiban also.

"Zen buffet does not include tuna" it did last week when I was there, next to the salmon and the time before, I just asked for it.

"Zen buffet does not include tuna" it did last week when I was there, next to the salmon and the time before, I just asked for it.

I've eaten at the buffet twice, perhaps a year apart (last time a month or so ago), and never saw any tuna at the

buffet table. I did not think to ask for it though, assuming "what you see [at the table] is what you get". Good idea

if there is ever a next time there for me, though. Thanks! ;-)

The buffet at Zen is 399B if I don't remember wrong. The fourth floor, next to California Wow, also has a similarly

priced buffet (50-60B more or so), but no Tuna there either. Apart from that the selection is quite a bit

bigger than Zen, though the quality seemed to be the same or worse than Zen, the one time I ate there.

Naruto! Romping Mae chook. There is no better in cm and I have tried them all. Tsunamin.....ugh. Across from she'll station, just go look in the bathroom and see if you want to eat ther again! Suppose to be a great one across from the mandrian orient but, have yet to make that. Too bad no uni anywhere K

I mean the good stuff with large pieces of sashimi and rice that is seasoned properly and big pieces japanese style.

Most places give measely little pieces of fish and the rice is just plain....if youve ever been to japan you should understand what im talking about ~!

Sushi boat place in new central world rama9 expensive but good nigiri. My favorite in bkk is prob wasabe in esplanade ratchada next to thai culture station mrt.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Go to Fuji Supermarket in BKK when you next pass through. They import from Tsukiji twice a week I think, Learn how to cook sushi rice, it is not difficult, learn Japanese omelette ( it is different ) Buy Nori, some salmon eggs, some ginger and some japanese pickles and whatever selection of fish takes your fancy.

Make enough rice for 6 people, invite your friends over and have them self assembly their own rolls. Do this one quite often and is always good fun. Add in a bottle of sake and a good time will be had by all

Best Japanese I have had recently was not unfortunately in CM. Was in Jakarta at Marriott hotel. So one for you travellers to note .

Monkfish liver, Kobe beef, a selection of whatever sushi/sashimi the chef recomended, Live lobster sashami, ( Its antennae were stil moving on the plate ) selection of yakitori, some great sake.

Only problem was the 500 USD bill at the end of the day - stil what the hell it is the best in Jakarta and was our last week there

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I go about once a month to the oishi buffet at airport plaza on the 4th floor. Their buffet includes all you can eat salmon and another white fish sashimi. They charge 450B. I wish they also had smoked eel and tuna for that price but alas they don't.