Thaksin: Thai Charter Change 'Not For My Return'

webfact

"I have my own way of getting back home without having to rewrite the charter to favour me," Thaksin said in an interview with the Bangkok Post English-language daily from his base in Dubai.

IMO : Charter changes won't be his ticket home.

What do you think might be his 'ticket home' ? . As we all know, he is free to return anytime.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

I have to refer to one of Calgary's post's again in which he claims that Gov forces attacked innocent taxpayers, I would hazard an educated guess that none of the Red Shirts at the rally's and taking Thaksins baht for attending to cause mayhem, Never have and Never will pay any tax.

phupaman.

Thaksin: Thai charter change 'not for my return'

But it IS for his control of the place.

Once he controls everything he can return and shut down all attacks on his control.

What serves the interests of a megalomaniac obsessed with regaining face and power?

CONTROL!

The only control he ever had, was what the voters gave him.

That was anathema to those who considered themselves heir-apparent to such control, and acted accordingly.

But those dam_n voters did it to 'em again.

What is a rightfull controller to do.

Well seems this post has completely lost the plot.

Oh well, a reality check is not gonna happen..

But it IS for his control of the place.

Once he controls everything he can return and shut down all attacks on his control.

What serves the interests of a megalomaniac obsessed with regaining face and power?

CONTROL!

It kind of reminds you of Team America flattening Paris, and simply saying, "Oooh! We missed!" wink.png

-mel

Yes, but if Thaksin hits Bangkok and Hua hin, it's because he wanted to.

"I have my own way of getting back home without having to rewrite the charter to favour me," - Give some credit for the man for being honest. He is openly admitting that he will break the law to come back without having to serve his term. Or does this mean abolishing the courts will do the trick for him?

He will not break a law to return, and will not serve a term imposed by illegal means, under the auspices of a coupist administration.

The question who belongs behind bars......Thaksin or the coupists

Coupist criminalization of those they coup - on behalf of the Democrat Party - does not a criminal make.

Thaksin was where he was because of electoral success. The coupists as a result of armed aggression.

Armed aggression that was exposed for its political illegality by last years elections.

Wow, give me some of that Shit you are smoking.... or are you snorting Special K..?

Whatever it is, its got you on another planet for sure..!

Hi all.

I have to refer to one of Calgary's post's again in which he claims that Gov forces attacked innocent taxpayers, I would hazard an educated guess that none of the Red Shirts at the rally's and taking Thaksins baht for attending to cause mayhem, Never have and Never will pay any tax.

phupaman.

Not true, they pay VAT just like everybody else, and, perhaps, expenses on VAT taxable goods and services make a larger portion of their income than for the "ammart" Bangkokians.

They might not qualify for personal income tax but they also contribute a lot in excise taxes on alcohol, and those rates are much higher than on personal incomes.

Anyway, personal income taxes account for only a small part of government revenue and those who believe they support the poor with their taxes are seriously overestimating their contributions.

This denial, given Thailand's traditions concerning honest disclosure, almost certainly means the Thai charter changes ARE meant to pave the way for his return. Unfortunately, most Thais are still under the impression that they command a respectful, education-oriented ear. I'm not sure when they'll learn or someone will tell them that the world stopped listening decades ago. If it came from a Thai government official, the truth is the opposite of what was said. Not sure if that was the intended effect but at least they're unintentionally honest...

"I have my own way of getting back home without having to rewrite the charter to favour me," - Give some credit for the man for being honest. He is openly admitting that he will break the law to come back without having to serve his term. Or does this mean abolishing the courts will do the trick for him?

He will not break a law to return, and will not serve a term imposed by illegal means, under the auspices of a coupist administration.

The question who belongs behind bars......Thaksin or the coupists

Coupist criminalization of those they coup - on behalf of the Democrat Party - does not a criminal make.

Thaksin was where he was because of electoral success. The coupists as a result of armed aggression.

Armed aggression that was exposed for its political illegality by last years elections.

It has been very difficult for Thaksin to return because of the nature of the convictions which were made under the auspices of laws passed long before any coup. Money laundering and tax evasion. The evidence has never been challenged by Thaksin's apologists. Well, how could it? Are they going to say that he didn't launder money through the family chauffeur or family members themselves? No. Cannot. Immediately after the election there was talk of a quick amnesty and PUFF! he would return by Christmas. Didn't happen. Well why was that? Well if you first say that amnesty for certain convictions is not about one man and those convictions relate to common criminality such as money laundering, then you have to amnesty everybody convicted of said offence. That doesn't look very good for law and order does it? And brings the government into disrepute. Eventually a non-starter. And a shock to the red supporter system which has difficulty appreciating such niceties. So now we have the so-called Charter. They still have the problem of labelling common criminal acts under the label of the coup. It is a really big problem. And it is driving some of the forum Thakin apologists to distraction. So at least some entertainment.

• Like 1

...snip

Chalerm is fast getting a reputation for lying (or making a buffoon of himself) each time he makes a statement. No wonder that his guru, Thaksin, is so proud of him.

I think you might find Chalerms reputation for lying goes back quite a bit. Also not so sure about Thaksin being his guru - Chalerm was a cabinet minister long before Thaksin entered politics and also had done his exile bit in Sweden. Though Thaksin may have surpassed him eventually I don't think Chalerm is anybody elses fool but his own.

Reportedly, Chalerm's first act as a minister was to grant Thaksin a cable TV licence, previously refused. They have a long history of cronyism and corruption.

Hi all.

phupaman.

Not true, they pay VAT just like everybody else, and, perhaps, expenses on VAT taxable goods and services make a larger portion of their income than for the "ammart" Bangkokians.

They might not qualify for personal income tax but they also contribute a lot in excise taxes on alcohol, and those rates are much higher than on personal incomes.

Anyway, personal income taxes account for only a small part of government revenue and those who believe they support the poor with their taxes are seriously overestimating their contributions.

Every Thai pays tax, but not every Thai receives subsidies to enhance their income. The question might be "Are they NETT taxpayers?"

Do you really think villagers pay excise on their Lao Khao?

Thaksin can keep saying that is happy living outside of Thailand.

But I take some satisfaction knowing that he probably cries himself to sleep at night, alone with thoughts of dancing Som Tum in his head.

The longer it goes without him able to come home, the less chance it will happen.

Two days after Yingluck became PM she was talking to CNN and told the interviewer that her government would re-open Thaksin's cases and "look" at them again to see whether or not he was falsely accused.....

Edited by Nickymaster

The fact that he even knows this is troubling. It means he has inside connections to the wheelings & dealings of the government.

Good point. I also thought that the CDA was independent. hehehe

Two days after Yingluck became PM she was talking to CNN and told the interviewer that her government would re-open Thaksin's cases and "look" at them again to see whether or not he was falsely accused.....

Was he not found guilty by the courts? And judges are appointed by HM, not the governement.

Was he not found guilty by the courts? And judges are appointed by HM, not the governement.

yes you are right but not all judges might "see" it the same way ...

Edited by Nickymaster

yes you are right but not all judges might "see" it the same way ...

Note very carefully that the emphasis by Yingluck is on the legitimacy of the prosecution, not the evidence as presented at the trial(s). Post-trial there was no challenge as to the evidence presented. And the trial judges published the trial transcripts. And the convictions were under laws passed prior to 2006. The effort to get Thaksin off has as many holes as a nice cheese.

Hopefully not too much off topic.

"2012-02-28

People Aren't Smart Enough for Democracy to Flourish, Scientists Say

The democratic process relies on the assumption that citizens (the majority of them, at least) can recognize the best political candidate, or best policy idea, when they see it. But a growing body of research has revealed an unfortunate aspect of the human psyche that would seem to disprove this notion, and imply instead that democratic elections produce mediocre leadership and policies.

The research, led by David Dunning, a psychologist at Cornell University, shows that incompetent people are inherently unable to judge the competence of other people, or the quality of those people's ideas. For example, if people lack expertise on tax reform, it is very difficult for them to identify the candidates who are actual experts. They simply lack the mental tools needed to make meaningful judgments."

http://news.yahoo.com/people-arent-smart-enough-democracy-flourish-scientists-185601411.html

Hi all.

phupaman.

Why call a group 'taxpayers' if they are part of a group of people that pays less tax amount in real baht than others?

What tax is the largest income source for the government in Thailand?

Hi all.

phupaman.

Why call a group 'taxpayers' if they are part of a group of people that pays less tax amount in real baht than others?

What tax is the largest income source for the government in Thailand?

My guess is corporate tax at 30%, it should be VAT at 7% (but the black economy is 70% of GDP), for the government and corruption for the politicians.

Edited by waza