Nickname For Big Supercheap

stevehaigh

the kids in my daughters school have a funny nickname for the big supercheap, 'central (as in festival) burma'. in case you don't now why, its because that's the favorite place for the burmese labourers to shop.

i think its kinda funny, 'central burma', maybe it will catch on

Kids are learning to look down on the poor so young these days.

Must get it from the morally bankrupt parents or spoilt brat friends at school.

Not sure laughing at peoples misfortune with the kids is a good example to set.

How did you manage to come up with that conclusion?

Did the voices in your head tell you?

Kids are learning to look down on the poor so young these days.

Must get it from the morally bankrupt parents or spoilt brat friends at school.

Not sure laughing at peoples misfortune with the kids is a good example to set.

How did you manage to come up with that conclusion?

Did the voices in your head tell you?

"Oh look, poor migrants workers scraping an existence daddy" hahaha lol

"Central Burma" hahaha lol

Wasn't normal behavior when i was a kid, what has changed?

Making fun of the poor or misfortunate at that age is either picked up at school from other spoilt brats or at home from the parents.

Its certainly a trait I don't want my kids to pick up. How Thai to be so xenophobic.

What school do these kids go to so I can avoid it?

• Like 1

Please show me where in the OP it refers to poor people?

All I read is Burmese go there. Plenty of Thais and foreigners go there, too.

It is you that is inferring that the children are looking down on the Burmese. There is nothing in the OP that should lead you to that conclusion.

Nice example of showing how 2+2=5.

well a young kid being able to tell the difference from distance between a thai and a burmese is showing very racist traits early on..

heck when i was a kid i thought every races were the same and found everywhere. Should of stayed that way too but what can you do when all the Haitian on social security nest together other than developing a very bad new point of view. Shouldnt happen here as burmese are hard workers and the thais are the lazy ones

• Like 1

It is you that is inferring that the children are looking down on the Burmese. There is nothing in the OP that should lead you to that conclusion.

The op finds it cute that kids are able to look down upon a race, obviously as lower class than themselves.

It's something that should be discouraged in a child, not endorsing it with laughter or praise by a parent.

The op finds it cute that kids are able to look down upon a race, obviously as lower class than themselves.

It's something that should be discouraged in a child, not endorsing it with laughter or praise by a parent.

get a life

well a young kid being able to tell the difference from distance between a thai and a burmese is showing very racist traits early on..

Uhmmm... Phuket's not on the Burmese border. It is a southern province. Southern Thais (even young ones) CAN tell the difference between a southern Thai and a Burmese - just as you and I can often tell which part of our home countries our compatriots come from. Where did you divine that they were identifying Burmese "at a distance"? OP just said it is a favourite place for Burmese to shop. Edited by mikebike

You're still dodging the question. Where in the OP does it refer to poor people?

It is YOU that is making that assumption.

Say what? Your divining skills are great oh seer of all! Maybe they call Juncylon Central Russia because its a favourite place for Russians to shop... do you see racism in that?

Uhmmm... Phuket's not on the Burmese border. It is a southern province. Southern Thais (even young ones) CAN tell the difference between a southern Thai and a Burmese - just as you and I can often tell which part of our home countries our compatriots come from. Where did you divine that they were identifying Burmese "at a distance"? OP just said it is a favourite place for Burmese to shop.

i cant. My country is over 10x the size of yours as well. It's not something you should be able to do unless you're a nazi narcisist or heard them speak in a very specific accent.

i cant. My country is over 10x the size of yours as well. It's not something you should be able to do unless you're a nazi narcisist or heard them speak in a very specific accent.

No its not. I am Canadian. I can most certainly tell an east-coaster from a quebecois from a torontonian from a prairie boy from a west coaster.