Scar Repair (surgery Or Otherwise)

thejaundicedeye

Does anyone have any idea how I might have a nasty belly scar repaired or somehow shrank? This might include surgery, I am open to it. Thesurgery was horrible (HMO insurance). I should have sued. Anyway... I sent pics to Bumrungrad and the surgeon basically said he could not guarantee anything and the surgery would result in same size scar as I basically have now (2cm in width). Just a nice clean small line, that's all I ask.

i afraid that the plastic surgery is right...after re-operation, your scar will have same length but more need

is it keloid? if it is ,it can happend again after fix

basically ..for keloid, steroid injection at the scar is the most advenatge (+adhesive silicone plaster)

goodluck

ps..if the scar has dark colour ..steroid cream is good (but just apply it till the scar look whiter..if u use it too long,it will be darker)

Does anyone have any idea how I might have a nasty belly scar repaired or somehow shrank? This might include surgery, I am open to it. Thesurgery was horrible (HMO insurance). I should have sued. Anyway... I sent pics to Bumrungrad and the surgeon basically said he could not guarantee anything and the surgery would result in same size scar as I basically have now (2cm in width). Just a nice clean small line, that's all I ask.

Consult Dr. nantapat at Apex Clinic (branches in E,porium and Siam Center -- but you need an appointment to see her, she's very busy and rotates among several branches). Ask her if any of her laser treatments would be likely to help. I have found her to be pretty forthright in saying what can and cannot be done, and I don't thinkshe'll charge for just a consultation.

I know that one of her laser treatments (IPL) works on acne scars butno idea about a surgical scar as the4se are deeper. Anyhow she'll need to have a loof at it to be able to tell.

It is true that further surgery will only leave another scar. The only surgical possibility I know of would be skin graft which is a pretty complex procedure and will leave slight scarring elsewhere on the body (wherever they take the skin from).

If you strike out with lasers then maybe think about getting hold of some long-lasting theatrical makeup to cobver it with?

Thanks all-

I've scars all over my body as well. This one looks like I've had fat removed or a cesarean. That's the issue.

Keloid - ?? sorry, dont' know. It is darkish and scarrish and will lighten if I stay out of the sun.

I've thought about lasers, just question whether proper skin can regrow.

Anyways, thx.

Thanks all-

I've scars all over my body as well. This one looks like I've had fat removed or a cesarean. That's the issue.

Keloid - ?? sorry, dont' know. It is darkish and scarrish and will lighten if I stay out of the sun.

I've thought about lasers, just question whether proper skin can regrow.

Anyways, thx.

Doesn't sound like a keloid. Talk to Dr. Nantapat about hwat laser tx likely to do in your case. Skin does regrow nicely after laser tx but surgical scars are deep so don't know how much improvement you can get.

Folks -- no use telling the OP not to be bothered by it. This is highly individual. What one person can live with may bother the heck out of someone else. Clearly it bothers the OP, hence the inquiry. In my experience scars often have a symbolic meaning to people and if it is a negative one, removal of the scar may be important to moving on from whatever bad experience it represents.

If Dr Nantapat -- whose judgement re the different forms of laser tx I trust -- tells you it won't help, or helps only partially -- there are theatrical makeups that are water-resistant you may be able to apply just a few times a week and get a good cosmetic result.