Where To Buy Decent Underwear For Men

Whyowhy

If you go to Big C Xtra on Centre Rd. Go upstairs and walk past the Bangkok Bank it will be on your left and head to the end of the building where they do the haircuts, on your right there is an underwear shop, thats all they sell.

As you probably noticed, Thai size XXL is more or less equivalent to farang size M, so you will probably have to look for imported products.

The only place in Pattaya I've been able to consistently find farang sized underwear is in Central (The dept. store in the 2nd road end of the building on whichever floor it is they sell underwear). I've been lucky in Mikes Shopping mall and in Carrefour Big C Extra a few times but most of the time they only have Thai sizes.

Didn't know about the underwear shop in Big C Extra, will have to check that out next time I go there.

Down Pattaya Thai as you head down to the Temple near 2nd road there is the interior market on the left tucked in behind Pattaya Thai. They sell lots of clothes in there and I got some decent briefs in there. XXL for an XL pair. XL for L etc.

Though some other stalls the briefs did look smaller. Easy enough to try them against your shorts to see if they might be a reasonable fit.

As an aside I bought some CK boxers in Mikes shopping mall and they fell to bits in a few weeks. They were not cheap either. It definitely pays to inspect them thoroughly.

My shopping for men's underwear at Central Department Store always becomes a short one since I like my "solitude" when I shop for clothes. I do not understand why, but in the underwear department, when you are looking for styles, and various brands, the shopper is not approached by ONE salesclerk, but ends up with 3-4 grinning women hovering around you. I realized they most likely are on a commission (or happy to see a potential customer) but it is a bit intimidating since I am simply looking at the cut/pattern/ material/ elastic band/price...of men's briefs; not examinging a new Porsche or the latest high tech laptop with various options. I don't get the same attention at Central Department store in Pattaya when I am looking at watches-mmm. ( I wish my understanding of Thai was better so I could understand their conversation while standing around me. --wait, maybe I don't-ha ha)

My shopping for men's underwear at Central Department Store always becomes a short one since I like my "solitude" when I shop for clothes. I do not understand why, but in the underwear department, when you are looking for styles, and various brands, the shopper is not approached by ONE salesclerk, but ends up with 3-4 grinning women hovering around you. I realized they most likely are on a commission (or happy to see a potential customer) but it is a bit intimidating since I am simply looking at the cut/pattern/ material/ elastic band/price...of men's briefs; not examinging a new Porsche or the latest high tech laptop with various options. I don't get the same attention at Central Department store in Pattaya when I am looking at watches-mmm. ( I wish my understanding of Thai was better so I could understand their conversation while standing around me. --wait, maybe I don't-ha ha)

You could easily just tell them to leave you alone. Some areas are worse than others, but in the kitchen section I just tell them "please don't follow me around - I'm looking".

They don't really want to bother you anyway - it's just their job pressure - so they are happy to leave you alone once you ask them.

Are you sure that you are telling us the full story.

Maybe you should stop trying on the underwear in the middle of the store. !! Then they will not gather round "Grinning" rolleyes.gif

Edited by terryq

Are you sure that you are telling us the full story.

Maybe you should stop trying on the underwear in the middle of the store. !! Then they will not gather round "Grinning" rolleyes.gif

Or maybe they are wondering why you are buying XXL ladies panties in bright red ;)

• Like 1

I quite like the Rosso brand of pants. In Big C, Lotus and such places you will not get the XXL (normal farang size as already mentioned), but in places like the Pattaya Night Bazaar on 2nd Road or some other markets, you will find some XXL 3 packs. For a long time I tried different brands here but was not happy till I went with Rosso, which I had seen for some time before but initially dismissed thinking no XXL or not good quality. I remember buying my first pack from the market, where the lady asked 'XXL you sure mister' while looking at my crotch, then looked round at my bum and said 'ah farang size', that's a double insult - what a cheek, I'm not fat at all ;-)

FN deal in UK/US sizes,left at the Suk from the Klang, and about a mile or so up the road

Could you please be more specific? What does FN stand for?

Oddly enough F.N. is Fly Now according to the signs at the side of the road when heading oop norf on the way to Chai Nat.

Edited by pattayadingo