Bringing Mobiles Into Thailand

rott

Anyone aware of any problems involved, with (a) unlocked Apple i-phone, (I know you require a small sim from the network provider), and (B) unlocked Nokia. I am confused about the info I am getting, both mobiles coming from the UK.

Any and all comments appreciated.

no problems with a nokia, possible problems with the iphone (see the apple sub-forum for threads on this)

although i know several people (self included) who us iphones that originated in the uk without problems.

micro SIMS are easy and cheap to get.

Hi, I bought an iPhone 4 when visiting the family in UK last July, had it unlocked by the network provider in UK before returning to LOS, haven't had any probs with it here, everything is working fine, using an AIS micro sim

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

easier to get it unlocked before you leave but you wont have any problems if u do it here. If it ever goes wrong or the missus wants it when you buy a new one take it to MBK and they will sort it out on the 7th floor (i think). here they can put thai language on it, jail break it and even put a new battery in which i have had to do every year as they are hopeless.