Thai Service Saved The Day

nocturn

2 friends and i tried to get into into the car this morning to go wakeboarding at a lake about an hour outside Bangkok, but the electric locks would not open.

We opened the car manually, got settled and turned the key, but the battery was dead.

we got out of the car, walked up the road to a local auto supply shop and asked for a battery for our make and model.

We were sold one immediately and after quickly checking the length of the queue for service and asking where the car was located, our battery was disptched with a guy on a motor bike who met us in the parking lot, changed the battery, and drove away with the old one.

we got in the car and resumed our journey 35 minutes later, all for under 3500 thb.

BTW, it was a great day wakeboarding.

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 1

Thats the good thing about Thailand that makes things interesting.

Service can really bad to extraordinarily awesome and both happen often.

Did you go to lake Taco?

No, TE wake and ski, behind the boat. http://www.tewake-ski.com/ website is out of date by a year or so, but still fairly accurate

one lake, one boat, and many cool people.

I would never hit a cable on the weekend.

"2 friends and i tried to get into into the car this morning to go wakeboarding at a lake about an hour outside Bangkok, but the electric locks would not open."

Perhaps next time try wakeboarding with a boat, not a car. I too find that lakes do all sorts of funny things to my car's electrics.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

thanks for coming out mate.

What did they give you for the old battery?

nothing. while we were aware we could have got a few hundred baht for it we were just happy to have it taken away.

dont want to spoil your day, but do you know if there was actually anything wrong with the battery?

could have just been flat! left your lights on last night!

Pair of jump leads alot cheaper and quicker if a neighbour parked nearby :)

nothing. while we were aware we could have got a few hundred baht for it we were just happy to have it taken away.

dont want to spoil your day, but do you know if there was actually anything wrong with the battery?

Pair of jump leads alot cheaper and quicker if a neighbour parked nearby smile.png

yes looks more like he got cheated....

Pair of jump leads alot cheaper and quicker if a neighbour parked nearby smile.png

yes looks more like he got cheated....

Not really, if he ASKED for a new battery then no. If he asked them to check to see what the problem was and they told him he needed a new battery when he didn't then he may have been cheated.

Not really, if he ASKED for a new battery then no. If he asked them to check to see what the problem was and they told him he needed a new battery when he didn't then he may have been cheated.

OK, you are right.....3500 Baht sounds a bit expensive, but I can't recall what I paid last time.....

A the cabin light was left on over night, but battery tested v low percent last service a few months ago and was recommended for replacement after 3 years in the car. We had jump leads, but decided if the battery went flat after a couple of hours or a single interior light burning the writing was on the wall.

I know it would please many to find a down side here, but really there isn't one.

So, in summation:

We were not ripped off on selling the old battery, any money the guy got for selling it was seen as fair compensation for the service call.

We did not replace a perfectly good battery for no apparent reason.

We did:

Have an old battery replaced and installed in the amount of time it would have taken us to find a jump start.

Make it wakeboarding with very little hassle and in very little time.

cheers

A the cabin light was left on over night, but battery tested v low percent last service a few months ago and was recommended for replacement after 3 years in the car. We had jump leads, but decided if the battery went flat after a couple of hours or a single interior light burning the writing was on the wall.

I know it would please many to find a down side here, but really there isn't one.

So, in summation:

We were not ripped off on selling the old battery, any money the guy got for selling it was seen as fair compensation for the service call.

We did not replace a perfectly good battery for no apparent reason.

We did:

Have an old battery replaced and installed in the amount of time it would have taken us to find a jump start.

Make it wakeboarding with very little hassle and in very little time.

cheers

nice to hear, no spoilt day drunk.gif