St Andrew'S Pre School Or Montessori

Anchal

My son is 3+ years old and he goes to Motessori now for the pre school A. Actually I got very good advice from this forum last year so I sent him to Motessori and he is very happy there.

Last year I also visited St.Andrews and I like the school very much but it's not in my choice at that time because it's quite far from my house compare to Motessori (I live in the Crocodile farm area).

Recently I visited St.Andrews again by chance and I still like the school very much and it's bother me whether I should send him next year (to The Reception) there or not? What I like there??? I like how they arrange the classroom, the big playground which is seperate between nursery, kidergarten and reception. I like the atmosphere of the school. They also encourage the kids to play lots of sport and they let the kids learning by playing.

Actually before that I plan to move him to St.Andrew at Year 1 but I am quite impressed how they arrange for the small kids make me think again. I am still hasitate because of the distance (30 mins compare to 5 mins), the cost of the school (150K / 350K) and the most important they are really good like I think and really worth the huge different that we need to pay. What I have heard that the Kindergarten Class (equal to Reception in St.Andrews) in Montessori study harder than St.Andrew which I don't really like it. I would like him to develop in other ways than trying to learn how to read and write in that age.

That's what I have impression from the visiting just 1-2 hr. but I would like to have advice from the parent who send the kids there or have heard from the friends.

Thank you very much

Thank you very much PattayaParent. Actually I like St Andrews more than Regent. * - *'' and as I heard the St Andrews seem to get better feed back from the parent.

Your kid also study in St Andrews, right? What year? Are you happy about the school?

Any more advice are welcome...

Edited by Anchal

Yes I'm happy with the school although there are some administration issues which I also hear from parents and teachers at Regents.

The year 1 teachers are new at St. Andrews so I don't know them but the year 2, 3 and 4 teachers are really good with the kids.

My kid was at Montessori prior to St. Andrews and the only reason for the move was we moved location due to my work and it was not feasible to travel to Montessori which was then still in its old location. I would have left her there and moved to St. Andrews later otherwise as the teachers and school owners were also good.

Of course things change as teachers change so you would be the best judge of what Montessori is like now.

• Like 1

Thank you very much PattayaParent.

Actually I plan to move him to St Andrews when he start year 1 but I like the pre school there but still hasitate because of the cost of the school.

Have you ever heard about the pre school there?

Edited by Anchal

My kid was in Reception at St. Andrew's and it was good, lots of activities and fun as well as alphabet and numbers and they have a separated area for the little ones so they don't mix with the bigger kids.

I thought Monterssori was better though at that time, more parent inclusive and better location (old school) and of course cheaper.

Thanks a lot for your comment...

Umm... make me more confident for Montessori... ^ ^

It was certainly a good foundation for my kid to move to St. Andrew's, and others that made the same move have seemed to do better than the ones that came from St. Andrew's pre-school.

• Like 1

Have you also considered Garden International School? It's about the same distance as St Andrew's, also uses the British curriculum and is cheaper. www.gardenrayong.com is their site if you want to check it out.

From where the OP lives it's a lot farther than St. Andrew's.

• Like 1