Job Without Degree

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to find a job without any degree in Thailand? Can i be hired based on my skills, portfolio and certificates (microsoft etc)?

In my country i`m working as web-developer (about $2k) and nobody cares about it.

Thanks.

If you have bona fide skills that aren't available locally, where experience can sub for equivalent education, you can be hired. I don't know of any legal impediment to obtaining a work permit without a degree, EXCEPT for teaching. If a company actually needs your expertise, they will arrange for the work permit, regardless. If, as a more snide member has noted, you are a generic 'web developer', you'll find that there is a lot of local talent, which would preclude you from being employed (unless you KNOW SOMEONE).

General advice: stay home, make money in your country, vacation here, and build a good business, which derives its income from OUTSIDE Thailand, then spend your earnings here.

+1

Getting a job without a degree, Yes you can and No you can't.

It all depends on the Industry you want to work in.

Education - Primary. If you taught before and have some skills in teaching / coaching. Yes / No. Depends on the need for an English Teacher and if the school is unable to find one, you'll do.

Some corporate work such as teaching courses. No, they don't ask. The only people who might ask are agencies. If you decide to go through them.

As mentioned before. Website development is a good field. If you have a portfolio of the sites you personally developed both in the U.S. or other countries and maybe Thailand. Yes.

Running a business in the U.S. and linking the paypal or merchant account to a bank that can transfer your money from abroad to a Thai bank. Yes and No. Just don't get caught.