Tobbaco

miksguevara

They will let you get away with 10 * 50g pouches. smile.png

Be polite if they ask to look in your bags and admit as soon as they do ask how many you have. Mainly they are looking for drugs and weapons.

You are spot on, admit it as soon as they pull you over-and tell them it is for your own consumption or gifts, they get very upset if you don't admit it and make them work.

Be polite if they ask to look in your bags and admit as soon as they do ask how many you have. Mainly they are looking for drugs and weapons.

You are spot on, admit it as soon as they pull you over-and tell them it is for your own consumption or gifts, they get very upset if you don't admit it and make them work.

just to clarify going into the uk? and this will be ok via india (connecting flight)?

Edited by miksguevara

just to clarify going into the uk? and this will be ok via india (connecting flight)?

No problem unless you and your luggage are clearing customs in India. Presuming you are in transit, your luggage is checked through to the UK.

No problem unless you and your luggage are clearing customs in India. Presuming you are in transit, your luggage is checked through to the UK.

I agree.

I entered the UK - again, in February, as I do annually - this time with 300 cigs and 14 * 50g pouches of tobacco. I was stopped as I always am (LOL).

I informed the customs lady what I had and that it was for myself. I was very polite about it. She checked for drugs and guns and such like, gave me a small lecture on too many ciggies. I was apologetic :)

She let me go with that warning.

After all, I am not exactly smuggling in carton after carton and they do have some leeway, obviously, unless you have the wrong attitude.

i always take through 800 in a clear duty free bag, never been stopped ( touch wood ) , and i have seen customs officers looking ... but i suppose they are after the bigger fish, and if you are openly showing them , they cant be bothered as they know you probably dont have any more and for personal use

i always take through 800 in a clear duty free bag, never been stopped ( touch wood ) , and i have seen customs officers looking ... but i suppose they are after the bigger fish, and if you are openly showing them , they cant be bothered as they know you probably dont have any more and for personal use

I never take more than 200....mainly cos I spent all my money the night before on xxxx and xxxxxxxxxx! whistling.gif

• Like 1