Nakornchai Air Vip Bus Pattaya To Chiang Mai

scorecard

Searched everywhere can't seem to find this detail on line. And can't find a telephone number for their Pattaya station.

Called to their Bkk call centre, every detail in the world but no clear answers on the timetable.

Any experiences to share on this service much appreciated .

Best to go to the station located on east side on sukhumvit rd just south of Pattaya Klang.

I took the Gold Class at 8 pm, arrives 8 am to Chiang Mai 6 weeks ago. Very comfortable and lots of leg room, however the air con in the bus was set at 20C so bring a sweater or a jacket with you. They provide blankets but it was still chilly. They also provide snacks, water and a quite non-appetizing dinner with the ticket. Cost 725 baht per person. Had quite a bit of luggage and wasn't charged extra, even though they state 20kg max. I had about 35 kg.

Also, once you purchase the ticket, they will give you a unique card tied to your name which you may use to purchase NCA tickets in 7-Eleven stores. Very convenient. You may be able to purchase the ticket at 7-11 without the card, however the 7-11 store clerk will need to make a telephone call to NCA first.

Best to go to the station located on east side on sukhumvit rd just south of Pattaya Klang.

I took the Gold Class at 8 pm, arrives 8 am to Chiang Mai 6 weeks ago. Very comfortable and lots of leg room, however the air con in the bus was set at 20C so bring a sweater or a jacket with you. They provide blankets but it was still chilly. They also provide snacks, water and a quite non-appetizing dinner with the ticket. Cost 725 baht per person. Had quite a bit of luggage and wasn't charged extra, even though they state 20kg max. I had about 35 kg.

Thanks for all that info.

Just one question please. I already have comments saying that the seats are quite comfortable, but conflicting information on how far they recline:

• Comment One - they recline fully to a flat bed.
  • Comment Two - they recline no further than the seats in the standard buses used form Pattaya to Bkk.

Which one is correct, please.

Thanks again

NCA has different classes of buses - economy, silver class, gold class and first class. There is no First Class bus for that route, so Gold class is your best bet and comfy. That's the one leaving at 8 pm.

There are accidents on Thai roadways, no doubt about it. But your other option is hiring a taxi or bus to get to BKK so there is that risk too, although a much shorter route to be on the road.

AIRAsia.com has some great deals if you don't have lots of luggage and book at least 2-3 weeks ahead.

Cheers, and good luck!

I believe the First Class reclines fully into a bed, Gold Class reclines to about 45 degrees by my estimate and provides good leg room. I'm 6'3" and was ok on Gold Class. It is an overnight bus so probability of an accident may be higher. I took it because of luggage issue, otherwise I probably would fly Air Asia which only allows you to check in one luggage at maximum 35 kg - you have to upgrade your ticket and it's cheapest to buy your ticket on their website and preorder your luggage maximum there.

That article you posted was in 2007. How many fatal plane crashes have you seen in Thailand since then? How many fatal bus crashes? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Although there seem to be fatal bus crashes weekly recently it doesn't just happen here! http://www.businessw...nzeiger-reports

Edited by CHANGOVER