Where Can I Get A Chair Re-Upholstered In Bangkok?

timmyp

The leather has peeled off a massage chair that I got, and I would like to have it re-upholstered.

Getting this thing down to the first floor and then transporting it to a shop would be a serious, serious chore.

Does anyone know:

1. A place that re-upholsters furniture?

2. One that makes house calls to do the job?

I don't know much about the business of upholstery but am guessing you might find somebody who can come out and do this at one of the car shops. I have never noticed an upholstery shop for furniture (have never looked) but I see many auto shops on the small Soi's that do this type of work on auto interiors.

I had the same problem with my massage chair. Like Nisa said, we got one of the shops that have the car seats outside to come and do it for us. They came to the house, measured the chair, went back to his shop to make the cover. He came back and fitted the cover a week later, and made a very good job of it.

I just checked with Mrs JYY and she said we paid 2500 baht for everything.

Thanks for all the responses.

Jaiyenyen: What shop did you go to? I understand that you're recommending any auto upholstery shop, but sounds like I need to look no further than the place you went to.

I live in Don Meuang, I'm more than happy to get the guys number for you, but as you know there are loads of these shops around. Why not walk into a few shops in your area and have a look at some of their work. Maybe take a photo of your chair and see what their response is.

PM me if you still decide you want his number.