Vietnam Airlines

royboy

Flew with them in 2005. from Bkk. to HCM in an Airbus. From HMC in a brand new 747,I think, piloted by Aust. pilots, Excellent flights ,no complaints whatsoever. Maybe the food was a trifle bland, but everything else was very good. And On- Time, both legs

A couple of years back I was flying every week with VN airlines. Airbus planes are only a few years old and part of the deal with Airbus is that the pilots for international flights must be Australian or European.

No complaints at all, and had a few upgrades as well

Flew VN January 2011, Hanoi/Beijing.

I thought they provided exceptionally good service.

No matter which airline you use, the service depends on the cabin crew to create a good/bad impression.

I flew them back in November 2010 for a trip between BKK and HCMC. The planes are basic - no AVOD, cabin (A320) look a bit worn but otherwise everything was in good order. It's a short flight between Bangkok and HCMC, about an hour. I was surprised when the attendants served a hot meal. Service was efficent and friendly, plane was about 50% full.

The only snag I encountered with VN was with the counter agent at the airport check-in for the return flight.

In Bangkok check-in was manned by TG staff, in HCMC the staff are VN. No issues on the outbound with luggage, didn't buy much. At check-in for the return the agent was abrupt and snarly. I was a few pounds over, I'm talking 5. She would not budge, I had to repack my luggage right there line and take one of my bags on as carry on. Even after repacking my bag was still over 2 pounds, but somehow it was good enough.

Knowing the score, I would fly them again. The fare was a real bargain.

Edited by badcdn

their business class service stinks...you have to wait to check in with everyone else and hang around in the departure check in area and no chance to get to the lounge and relax...once on board no drinks, no nothin' and I complained and they thought me to be irregular...

for flights between BKK and Hanoi/HCMC stick to cattle class...short flights and you can't go wrong...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Flew Vietnam Air Manila-HCMC-Dalat a few years back. Departure/Arrivals on time. Got the job done.No complaints.

I flew from Hanoi to BKK and domestic Hanoi to Hue no problems at all good service.

their business class service stinks...you have to wait to check in with everyone else and hang around in the departure check in area and no chance to get to the lounge and relax...once on board no drinks, no nothin' and I complained and they thought me to be irregular...

for flights between BKK and Hanoi/HCMC stick to cattle class...short flights and you can't go wrong...

I disagree. The wine is decent in the lounge in HCMC's lounge and the seats are good for a snooze. Not tried the food but it looked pretty average...

At Danang they have a quality bar serving real ales in the terminal...get there early! biggrin.png

I flew Vietnam Airlines from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Ho Chi Minh City last June. No complaints.

One of the coolest things happened when we got to HCM...I usually dread the slow opening of the front cabin door so we could all file out...Seems to take forever. With Vietnam Airlines, they opened multiple doors and we deplaned within about two minutes after landing. That works for me.

• 1 month later...