Will It Be Worth Driving Down To Pattaya For St Partick'S Day?

garro

I've watched the YouTube video of last year's St Patrick's Day in Pattaya, and it looked reasonable enough. I'm Irish but I'm not really that bothered about the festivities to be honest. I just like the idea of my son having some contact with his Irish roots. My question then is if the Pattaya parade will be entertaining enough for a child under 5. Are there any additional activities that kids might enjoy?

I live in Bangkok, but I don't mind driving down tomorrow if my son's likely to enjoy himself. I suppose this question might be best answered by someone who went to last year's parade in Pattaya, but I welcome all replies - I hope I don't regret saying that :)

Don't know about your son whether there is anything HE would enjoy... but for YOUR irish roots, I would recommend Mulligan's on beachroad (outside Central Festival) drunk.gif

Thanks Swiss, but not my thing I'm afraid. I might drop into an Irish bar for the breakfast (not the liquid one).

Give the 12th of July Irish parade a miss, terrible site and and unfurtunatly using the Union Jack. Not seen the parade advertised this year. Aussie chick seemed to organise a lot of it last year. find a good irish boozer, England v Ireland St Patricks day should give intro to Irish roots.

Well I wont be bothering this year garro, if that makes any difference to your plans, but have a good one anyway.

23rd sounds a good idea though, and must look into this July thing.cowboy.gif

To be honest, I don't think your attendance would have been a deciding factor anyway but thanks for letting me know :)

Well done to everyone who took part in the St Patrick's Day celebrations in Pattaya. I was impressed by the turnout and the number of floats to be seen along Beach Road on Saturday. Looks like everyone got in the spirit, nice to see some local school bands taking part as well.

I took some pics of the floats and folk taking part; you can see highlights from the St Patrick's Day Parade here.

A great event that seemed to be really well organised.

Well I wont be bothering this year garro, if that makes any difference to your plans, but have a good one anyway.

23rd sounds a good idea though, and must look into this July thing.cowboy.gif

To be honest, I don't think your attendance would have been a deciding factor anyway but thanks for letting me know smile.png

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

NIce one garro, and good to see you back in Thailand, thought you´d gone for good -- or perhaps I just haven´t been paying attention.