Australian Found Dead In Thailand

stumonster

Australian found dead in Thailand

By Ron Corbet

December 16, 2005

THAI police today are investigating the death of a 65-year-old Australian man whose body was found at his seaside apartment.

The man, Michael Carey, originally from Brisbane, was found at his home in Pattaya, 120km south-east of Bangkok, yesterday morning.

A Thai police report said Carey had head injuries and local media reported that police found bloodstains in the bathroom.

However, there were no signs of a struggle or forced entry to the apartment.

A post-mortem examination would be carried out, police said today, adding that the man had been dead for at least 24 hours before his body was found.

The Bangkok Post newspaper said Carey had been a well-known windsurfer and had lived as a retiree in Thailand for at least a decade.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E1702,00.html

add another to the total - and I can't believe I beat brit to posting this...

Australian man dies at View Talay 2 in Jomtien.

Police and rescue workers were called to the View Talay 2 Condominium Complex on Wednesday Afternoon to investigate the death of an Australian Man who had passed away inside his room. The dead man is Mr. Mick Carey aged 66 who had resided here in Pattaya for 10 years. The alarm was raised by residents who noticed a foul odor coming from the room on the 9th Floor. Police arrived and the door was forced open. The naked body of the man was discovered on his bed. The level of decomposition suggested he had passed away at least two days before the discovery which fits with a statement from a friend of his, Khun Wachirawit aged 40, the Manager of the Double One Restaurant who had gone out for drinks with the man on 13th December. He confirmed that he returned to View Talay and was helped to his room by a security guard who confirmed the man was heavily intoxicated. Police believe he had gone into his bathroom and fell causing a head injury which eventually killed him. The Australian Embassy have been informed of the death and for now the case remains open until the results of a post mortem examination are forthcoming.

Australian found dead in Thailand

By Ron Corbet

December 16, 2005

THAI police today are investigating the death of a 65-year-old Australian man whose body was found at his seaside apartment.

The man, Michael Carey, originally from Brisbane, was found at his home in Pattaya, 120km south-east of Bangkok, yesterday morning.

A Thai police report said Carey had head injuries and local media reported that police found bloodstains in the bathroom.

However, there were no signs of a struggle or forced entry to the apartment.

A post-mortem examination would be carried out, police said today, adding that the man had been dead for at least 24 hours before his body was found.

The Bangkok Post newspaper said Carey had been a well-known windsurfer and had lived as a retiree in Thailand for at least a decade.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...55E1702,00.html

add another to the total - and I can't believe I beat brit to posting this...

I cant believe that I read it on an Oz news site before it came out on PCN :o