Tires For Honda Dream 125

connda

I drive a Honda Dream 125. Over 50% of my driving is on the highway at speeds between 80 - 90 kpm for distances up to 60 km. However, the stock tires on that bike scare me. They don't strike me as designed for highway speeds.

I'm running

IRC 60/100 17 M/C front

IRC 70/100 17 M/C rear

Anymore have any recommendations a better tire for highway driving.

Thanks!

i have cheap ircs (stock) on the elegance ,dont know when i should change them

8000km and they still look new

i lock up the wheels al the time and come skiiding to a halt when its safe to do because im wanting to buy new tyres anyway (better ones )

talk about a hard wearing compound

be careful in the wet though ,they are dangerously slippery

We put a huge tyre on the back of our Smash for the school run. Funnily enough you see huge back tyres on Waves, etc, in Indonesia and Malaysia. Big rear tire means lots of grip, heavy carrying capacity and less likely to get a puncture. Why do the Thais go for skinny tyres? Or changing good solid steel rims for more fragile aluminium ones?

I have a Honda wave 125I

It too came with very small tires that I felt were unstable for my size and weight as well as the type of driving I do.

you can up grade to 70/90 front and 80/90 back without changing the rims like the new Honda wave 110 has,

Or like me, I went with a 80/80 donlop T900 front and 90/80 back tire but had to use larger rims. in all about 5000 baht. but for my 100kph + riding, 8 hours at a time day after day it was well worth it

but for my 100kph + riding, 8 hours at a time day after day it was well worth it

you ride for 8 hours a day at over 100kmph on a wave every day ?

wow ,what kinda milage is on it now ? thats impressive if its not a mistake

I have a Honda wave 125I

It too came with very small tires that I felt were unstable for my size and weight as well as the type of driving I do.

you can up grade to 70/90 front and 80/90 back without changing the rims like the new Honda wave 110 has,

Or like me, I went with a 80/80 donlop T900 front and 90/80 back tire but had to use larger rims. in all about 5000 baht. but for my 100kph + riding, 8 hours at a time day after day it was well worth it

Just curious. At 100kph on those tires, how does the ride feel. Does is feel more stable. I probably ride at 85kph average, but will accelerate to 100 to 110 to get around traffic quickly. But I don't like riding that fast because I'm always thinking about the tires.