How To Suspend Dtac Mobile Service While Traveling?

ywamer

Anybody here know how to suspend service on a post-paid/monthly DTAC account -- yet keep the number for use when I return?

I'll be travelling for 6-9 months, and want to make sure the number linked to my phone doesn't die. Is there an official suspension of service that DTAC (or anyone else) provides? I had thought to switch my number to a new pre-paid company/price plan, since "topping up" validity is pretty straight forward on a pre-paid SIM and I could do so for a year.

But I guess this is overkill of there's a similar way to extend/protect my post-paid/monthly service. Any ideas?

I am registered online with dtac e-services, and they email my monthly post paid account to me (mobile phone + data).

I am also registered online with Kasikorn Bank, and pay the account through them. You can do this with most of the major Thai banks.

So no need to suspend anything.

Edited by jackspratt

I am registered online with dtac e-services, and they email my monthly post paid account to me (mobile phone + data).

I am also registered online with Kasikorn Bank, and pay the account through them. You can do this with most of the major Thai banks.

So no need to suspend anything.

I think by "suspending" OP wants no charges whatsoever. His account is "paused" (no service to the sim and no charges either) while he is away. Then when he returns and re-activates his account, the billing cycle would continue and the services he had previously are exactly as before. I know CAT CDMA allows this on their post-paid accounts. I think each temporary suspension is limited to 2 months at a time.

If suspending is not an option, you could just remove all of your services and then add them back when you return. This might be less than ideal if you already have a sweet promotion that you are trying to hang on to.

^

http://www.dtac.co.t...uspend_sub.html

Note

spacer.gif_bullet1.gif The customer is still required to pay a monthly fee or a Dpackage fee including some VAS fees. spacer.gif_bullet1.gif The customer will receive a 10% discount off the monthly fee according to the Office of Consumer Protection in only 2 cases:

- Number has been Suspended

- Handset and Number have been Suspended

Edited by lomatopo