Which Bank I Can Save Dollars In?

I wanted to open a new account for saving my dollars in Ayudhya Bank this morning. And then I was told I had to exchange to Thai Baht first to save the money. Why? They told me I even couldnt save dollars in Citibank Thailand. btw, I dont have an acc in Citibank. So any other banks that I could open an acc to save my dollars in?

:o

None that I know of Anna... you will have to exchange them for Thai Baht first, at any bank or money exchange.

Hey, what happened to your lovely avatar... it's gone missing.  :D

Thanks, JD. Guess some guys stole my lovely avatar. Gonna upload it tonite again. haha :D

I'll look forward to that... :o

:D

I wanted to open a new account for saving my dollars in Ayudhya Bank this morning. And then I was told I had to exchange to Thai Baht first to save the money. Why? They told me I even couldnt save dollars in Citibank Thailand. btw, I dont have an acc in Citibank. So any other banks that I could open an acc to save my dollars in?

I believe the HSBC bank near sathorn rd allows u.s dollar deposits, but you need to keep a large amount in the account or there are large fees.

I believe the HSBC bank near sathorn rd allows u.s dollar deposits, but you need to keep a large amount in the account or there are large fees.

I think they want a minimum 1m THB or some other crazy numbers. They are trying to keep away tourists or bank leachers to open bank accounts.

Edited by Butterfly

i start to do transfer form australia to thailand, as the cost of visa card increase .

6 month ago i went to my bank ( bangkok bank ) to see what will be the procedure , the teller ask me if i want to keep in foreign currency and give me some paper to fill ..

i said no, no need want to have Thai baht into my account !

I did not look at the formalities.