Protein Bars In Bangkok -- Where Can I Buy ?

Ianatlarge

Need some assistance. I used to buy a box of protein bars every month or two from 'California Wow', but now they seem to be permanently out of stock. Looked around a little, but could not see an alternative source.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy protein bars in Bangkok?

Many thanks.

Thai Sports Supplements at http://www.thaisupplements.com/th/index.php?language=en have a wide range of energy and protein bars. They deliver free to anywhere in Thailand. You're lucky in Bangkok as they offer COD. You'll save a lot compared to whatever you were paying at California Wow.

I have no affiliation with this company but I have been ordering from them for 4 years and their customer service is 1st class. I believe they are sponsors on this forum.

• Like 1

There's plaenty of tofu about too. I think they sell it by the tonne for bodybuilders in some supermarkets.

Tofu is an inferior form of protein. I don't know any bodybuilders who eat it.

There's plaenty of tofu about too. I think they sell it by the tonne for bodybuilders in some supermarkets.

Maybe bodybuilders on a budget ? I know i dont take it also heard other bad stories about soy (i thought tofu was made out of soi)

Maybe bodybuilders on a budget ? I know i dont take it also heard other bad stories about soy (i thought tofu was made out of soi)

Yes, it's bean curd made form Soya Milk.

Tofu and Soy come from Soy beans. Most of if not all which are completely GMO! and tofu is very processed. Monsanto has been engineering the beens to with stand their pestacide.. just like corn..

you can find many seller of bodybuilding supplements, when you play fitness ask somebody got it and you can buy from local importer as i do

i pay almost same price as my country

if you buy directly from california wow, price is almost double

Today visited http://www.thaisuppl...hp?language=en.

No problem buying bars, approx same price as Oz.

Interesting side note, the lady there told me that the reason that 'California Wow' no longer sells the bars is that they have 'no money'. Keep that in mind when you pay for your 'life time' membership.

We keep hearing they are broke, yet they keep chugging along. People have been waiting for California Wow to go broke since it opened 4 1/2 years ago. I've managed nearly 3 years on my lifetime membership so far.

Nothing against Musashi but good god are they expensive, box of 15 small bars for 45$ or box of 12 larger ones for nearly 60$, maddness.

Can get them so much cheaper online and much better quality.

Quest bars are my brand of choice and taste great especially if you microwave their chocolate brownie for a few seconds.

170 calories

6g fat

20g protein

24g carb of which 19g are fiber!

For 12 it comes out to be about 1000B (30$) shipped. Takes me about 8 days for it to arrive and they never hit customs cause its via international mail.

So you can pay more for "protein bars" which are basically candy bars with a bit of extra protein or taste like card board and pay x2 as much. Or wait a week and get amazing tasting bars with a great profile.

http://www.iherb.com/Quest-Nutrition-Protein-Bar-Chocolate-Brownie-12-Bars-2-12-oz-60-g-Each/38477

If you use BID083 at the checkout first time buyers get 5$ off bringing your total to about 25, cant beat that.

Nothing against Musashi but good god are they expensive, box of 15 small bars for 45$ or box of 12 larger ones for nearly 60$, maddness.

Can get them so much cheaper online and much better quality.

Quest bars are my brand of choice and taste great especially if you microwave their chocolate brownie for a few seconds.

170 calories

6g fat

20g protein

24g carb of which 19g are fiber!

For 12 it comes out to be about 1000B (30$) shipped. Takes me about 8 days for it to arrive and they never hit customs cause its via international mail.

So you can pay more for "protein bars" which are basically candy bars with a bit of extra protein or taste like card board and pay x2 as much. Or wait a week and get amazing tasting bars with a great profile.

http://www.iherb.com...60-g-Each/38477

If you use BID083 at the checkout first time buyers get 5$ off bringing your total to about 25, cant beat that.

I agree, the price of the protein bars is ridiculous but aren't you the guy looking for a 1/2 million baht per month house rental in Pattaya? With that sort of money to throw around why would a couple of bucks saved on protein bars even be a consideration.

Edited by tropo

300k but thats besides that point, if you offered quest bars id be more than happy to pay for them through you. These arent for me so price generally comes into consideration for most when you can get 12 for 30 or 12 for 60.

300k but thats besides that point, if you offered quest bars id be more than happy to pay for them through you. These arent for me so price generally comes into consideration for most when you can get 12 for 30 or 12 for 60.

Yeah, it is besides the point. Protein bars are overpriced and a very expensive way to get protein and we welcome your efforts in helping us find cheaper ones.

I noticed the links you provided on your "large luxury rental Pattaya" thread were removed. They referenced a Phuket residence for 450,000 baht per month and a Bangkok residence at 380,000 per month as examples of what you want in Pattaya. I thought there was something not quite right in that thread - probably just a sneaky way to put up some real estate links. I couldn't imagine anyone with that sort of money to spend on rent would be looking for cheaper protein bars.

Edited by tropo

My thread was removed? maybe the links were but they weren't mine. I don't mind you trying to call me out on personal attacks when I just said the protein your pushing is over prices 200%, that can be your defense.

There is also a massive difference between spending money on something that's worth it and something that is not. My current apartment in BKK is more than what most expats pay but then again I dont party, all depends on what you consider expensive for what your buying.

60$ for 12 bars isn't expensive its a ripoff. I equate it to a tuktuk charging a tourist 500b to bring them on a shopping tour. Maybe im alone here but everyone here for the most part is an expat and I feel that alone should make us try to help everyone, best prices, best products/services. If your here to push your expensive products and then call out others who try to help you are of no help.

My thread was removed? maybe the links were but they weren't mine. I don't mind you trying to call me out on personal attacks when I just said the protein your pushing is over prices 200%, that can be your defense.

There is also a massive difference between spending money on something that's worth it and something that is not. My current apartment in BKK is more than what most expats pay but then again I dont party, all depends on what you consider expensive for what your buying.

60$ for 12 bars isn't expensive its a ripoff. I equate it to a tuktuk charging a tourist 500b to bring them on a shopping tour. Maybe im alone here but everyone here for the most part is an expat and I feel that alone should make us try to help everyone, best prices, best products/services. If your here to push your expensive products and then call out others who try to help you are of no help.

No, the thread wasn't removed - just the links to the 2 real estate adds. I'm not attacking you at all, just highly amused to hear someone counting pennies when they want rentals for nearly 1/2 million baht per month.

I'm not pushing protein. Where did you dream that up? That site I suggested in Bangkok has some good deals. Musashi bars are expensive even at the source in Australia and they are not marked up 200% - that's nonsense. I buy bulk protein which sets me back 900 baht per kilo for pure 90% WPI.

I believe any protein bars are an expensive way to get protein even at the right price. They can be a nice to eat though - I don't deny that, and very convenient if you're on the run.

Agreed that the bars are by far the most expensive way to get protein in, but their convenient and a treat. I like to warm up the chocolate fudge bar or cinnabun bar in the microwave for 20 seconds little warm chewy cake like thing for only 170 cals and 20g protein count me in.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys.

We have just put a few of our bars on special. Please see our site at www.thaisupplements.com

Still not as cheap as we'd like but worth a look.

We often have stock we are clearing out as well so if you have a particular product of interest please let me know and we can e-mail or message you if we have it on special.

Thanks.

Vaughan