Burmester Transport Repair

Methuselah

The only official Burmester retailer is in Amarin plaza, 3rd floor where all the hi-fi shops are. Best bet is to ask there first, but I suspect that it would officially need to be sent abroad for repair. Alternatively check Mr Balance in Pantip Plaza who does repairs.

An update on the Burmester problem.I e-mailed the Burmester company in Germany relating the difficulties with the right output.Four days later I received an e-mail from a Mr Thip,whom Burmester had contacted.He has had considerable experience with Burmester products,and has basically been unbelievably helpful.He has a company called Music for Life,and even offered to come down to Pattaya to pick up the transport and DA converter.He reckons,from his experience that the problem lies in the converter,and warned that it was a pretty complex piece of equipment,not to be entrusted to a repair novice.

Interestingly he spoke fluent English with a Singoporean accent.The system is now in his hands,and should spare parts be required he will be able to obtain them from Burmester.

Hopefully I shall be able to report a happy outcome to the scenario,and if all goes well,I shall ask his permission to give his contact Tel no to this forum

• 1 month later...

Can now report very favourably on the repair by Mr.Thip.The problem was a fault in a chip on the output from the D/A converter.Thip replaced the chip,from Texas instruments,and the sound is now superior to the sound when I first purchased the system.Not cheap.

Mr. Thip is very much an audiophile expert,and at present is based at Siam Discovery centre,Rooms 322-323.His company is called Music for life co. ltd and his phone no 0817521600.

He will be moving into new premises down sukhumvit in a few months,but has given permission to give his details should anyone require expert audiophile advice or repair.

Enthusiastically recommended.