House In Ram Indra?

Anyone out there living in Ram Indra area? Wife (Thai - in her name) and I have nearly decided on a place in Sansiri - Settasiri development very close to Safari World. It's basically sold out now (after a few years and price decrease) and looks very sharp - six large garden areas, well maintained, fairly strict and numerous guards.

Am not working presently, so transport to a particular location is not too relevent (yet), but there seems to be various options with highways and all. Just curious about peoples' opinions of Ram Indra area.

Thanks

Edited by bwillis

I live off Ramindra Soi 109. I find this area very convienent but then I suppose that wouldn't be so for everyone. Depending on the time of day, very early morning or after the morning rush, you can get to the lower Sukumvit area in about 1 hour. We travel to Pattaya several times a month so we have easy access to the motorway/outer ring road. Fashion Island Mall is only a 10 min. trip.

Prior to our move to this house 2 years ago we used to live near Safari World from 1996 until 2003. Seems like it is getting very congested in that area now with all the new housing developments being built. The developement we live in, Ramindra Village, located 1 Km in soi 109 from Ramindra road, still has a couple places available in the 5+ million or so range if your interested.

Spaniel,

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps we'll drive out there today for a looksee. House we're looking at is 5.4M, quite large, facing a big garden area. We liked the Sansari development mainly due to how professionally run it appears and for the big garden spaces/landscaping throughout. Yeah, lots of developments going up around there to be sure. Nother couple a years it'll be messy, I reckon. Like most places in Thailand...

Bwillis