Falang Go Home . . .

Checker

The entire belief that Thais generally want Falangs to go home is a myth and is not based on reality...it comes from disgruntled Falangs posting on Thaivisa. If you think about the reality of the situation, the majority of the Thai population do not necessarily have alot of interaction with Falangs, and really don't have alot of sentiments that Falangs should go home...because they simply don't deal with Falang. I know members of my family rarely have interaction with Falang. Why would they either hate Falang or want Falang to go home when they don't really notice that you're here?

For the posters who claim that Thais have made a comment to you, there may be the possibility that a particular Thai may not like YOU in particular, not necessarily all Falang.

P.S. Naboo, please don't take this as a dig at you. Sometimes people don't like other people for whatever reason. If she's saying go home to you by the shop, it may not be a thing against all Falang.

Maybe if he ducked into the shop and actually BOUGHT something, the lady's attitude might change? Just sayin' '_'

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know members of my family rarely have interaction with Falang. Why would they either hate Falang or want Falang to go home when they don't really notice that you're here?

Obviously you aren't familiar with racism in any fashion if you think it requires personal contact.

Thais are obsesed with developed nation's cultures!

Look at the cowboy festivals in Pak Chong.

The celebration of Christmas and Valentines Day.

There's loads of things Thais really enjoy about farangs and their culture. They embrace it and adapt it to their own culture.

They envy our education systems. They really want to like us.

The flip side of the coin is that they also expect us to be aware of their own culture and social dynamics.

Quite often as foreigners / tourists we fail in this department.

After a number of years living and working in Thailand you should feel pretty much welcome here apart from the visa issues and red tape type stuff. I've never felt any unwarrented hostility during the time I've lived here. When I was younger and acting like a preverbial bull in a china shop there were a few tense moments, lol.

Edited by Geekfreaklover
  • Like 2

The entire belief that Thais generally want Falangs to go home is a myth and is not based on reality...it comes from disgruntled Falangs posting on Thaivisa
Why would Thais be different from the population of any western country (take your pick) where they let any (almost) immigrant into their country. Do you think they like them?

and add the fact that in your homecountry, your main streets, main avenues would be crowed with, lets say black males, who all was walkin hand in hand with your local western chicks, and the fact that all these black males would have a monthly income the same size as you and your local fellows would earn in a year. I think these black males would be quite unwanted by a huge crowd of locals. Add to that, that these black males would often treat you like a child.

Considering those facts, I think it is quite amazing, how friendly most of the thais really are...

The entire belief that Thais generally want Falangs to go home is a myth and is not based on reality...it comes from disgruntled Falangs posting on Thaivisa
Why would Thais be different from the population of any western country (take your pick) where they let any (almost) immigrant into their country. Do you think they like them?

and add the fact that in your homecountry, your main streets, main avenues would be crowed with, lets say black males, who all was walkin hand in hand with your local western chicks, and the fact that all these black males would have a monthly income the same size as you and your local fellows would earn in a year. I think these black males would be quite unwanted by a huge crowd of locals. Add to that, that these black males would often treat you like a child.

would we be allowed 2 tier pricing ,a corrupt police force and the ability to scam these rich black males for everything we can get ? ;)

your much to sensitive,

farang go home is only meant for ,

cheap charlies ,

budget billys ,

cautious colins ,

economic erics,

destitute dans,

frugal freddies,

pisshead pensioners.

lol giggle.giflicklips.gif

Not ersatz Special Forces personnel?

would we be allowed 2 tier pricing ,a corrupt police force and the ability to scam these rich black males for everything we can get ? wink.png

corrupt police forces are to be found everywhere, in some countries, more and in some countries, less, but still, consider what I wrote, you would probably agree, that we would protest a whole lot more if these black males invaded our main avenues, holding hands with our western chicks, than thai males do

And, considering that this topic is about Thais telling me to go home... well I am taking their advice. I'm leaving in 6 days back to the land of the wet and cold. At least I won't be bothered in the afternoon like today, by a pretty woman knocking on my door and trying to seduce me. They just KNOW I'm an easy pushover for fluttering eyelashes and a cute tush barely covered in tight jean shorts. There are a FEW things I'm going to miss for the next 7 months.

You really have no idea at all just how pathetic you sound.

Pathetic? In what way? I get more loving than most guys half my age, and certainly more guys in their 70s. I realize I have to give up one thing to gain another, and even too much of a good thing can be boring after a while. If I was super wealthy I'd fly back and forth every month or so just for a change. As it is now I can have my cake and eat it to. My 5 and 7 month stays at both locations suit me just fine. However, I'm not looking forward to the long flight home and not sleeping for a few days, but other than that I don't see anything wrong with my system. When the rain next October starts to bother me I'll be on the next fight back to Thailand to pick up where I left off.

I will admit though, that I am a pushover when an attractive woman tries to seduce me... for whatever her motive. It's a game I've been playing all my life and see no reason to stop now. It's like riding a motorbike in Thai traffic... there's always a bit of danger to add spice to life.

Pathetic? In what way? I get more loving than most guys half my age, and certainly more guys in their 70s. I realize I have to give up one thing to gain another, and even too much of a good thing can be boring after a while. If I was super wealthy I'd fly back and forth every month or so just for a change. As it is now I can have my cake and eat it to. My 5 and 7 month stays at both locations suit me just fine. However, I'm not looking forward to the long flight home and not sleeping for a few days, but other than that I don't see anything wrong with my system. When the rain next October starts to bother me I'll be on the next fight back to Thailand to pick up where I left off.

I will admit though, that I am a pushover when an attractive woman tries to seduce me... for whatever her motive. It's a game I've been playing all my life and see no reason to stop now. It's like riding a motorbike in Thai traffic... there's always a bit of danger to add spice to life.

keep up the good job Ian! since i read your postings i'm looking forward to reach age 70 and enjoy all the goodies which are waiting for me.

thumbsup.giflaugh.pngthumbsup.gif

i was told but boxed the head off him then told not to leave los but he said he was going to cambodia mabey they not want you so i went with him alll was well except the day he went alone ,mad

WPFflags.gif

what exactly did the prescription say the good doctor gave you? huh.png

Yeh, but that's cos your head is always under the hood of that 'ol BMW eh. laugh.png

not at all Transam. i had a gearbox problem a year ago and used the time waiting for the parts to arrive to have the workshop some minor replacement jobs done. but otherwise... touch wood, no problems!

p.s. V12 rules laugh.png ...but only on sundays from 0700 to 0900 hrs when i take my dogs for a ride. on other days the black beauty is off duty.

The answer is yes. The fact that you even ask such a stupid question tells me your one of those people that live in a very small circle and never get out enough.

I get told that and a regular basis, mostly by Thai women and I am not talking about bar girls. I work with a varity of wealthy Thai's in which it is very obvious they don't want you here except on a short term basis....they are getting tired of the dark women becoming wealthy threw the farrang husbands...it's pretty bad when the dark maid show's up in a more expensive car than they have purchased by their sisters husband...The darker thai's have more class than the white educated Thai's ..

Let's see now..

Very prominent Beer company offered to support a soccer league...but said " No Farrangs allowed "

One of the convenence stores here will not allow any farrang or Thai women if married to farrang husband to buy a franchise. Nor will they purchase anything from a farrang company

Look at one of the Major material and supply store. They won't use buy anything that is subject to a farrang business making money off them.

How about the excessive over charging that goes on at points of interest here in Thailand.

How about the law right now that is trying to take property away from Thai women if their farrang husband bought the land. This is purely hatered, fear,and greed combined. Imagine if we did that with them in our countries.

How about the Home owners Association in the village you live in.. in ours it is .90% farrang and they put a Thai president that doesn't listen to us and doesn't speak English won't even listen to our wives when they stand up to say something., they do stupid little things like this even though it is the farrang in, and outside the country that set up help orginizations to help their needy and disabled people.

How about the post office refusing to allow a choice of language on their website with English..or other native languages ,or employing some different nationalities at that skytrian so that it shows diversity. As in my country the home land security hires all nationalities to help with the communication. In Thailand all you see are people in police uniforms that make it look like we are criminals walking around. To show their might you always have one cop inside the building who acts that you a dirt bag using his badge to reinforce his ignorance.

Or like refusing to give farrang babies that were born here a birth certificate even though the Thais get one when they are born in our countries.

Why am I still here if I don't like this......Mentally I have already left...financially I can't just leave, after 5 years of being here...I realized I made a big mistake..so i am trying to correct that and will leave as soon as I can.

I see the recentment amongst the Thai men becoming stronger and expecially the Muslim Thai men in Pattaya, they glare at you even when your not doing anything to them. I think in the near future we will see some violent acts carried out by these people in Pattaya.

The answer is yes. The fact that you even ask such a stupid question tells me your one of those people that live in a very small circle and never get out enough.

I get told that and a regular basis, mostly by Thai women and I am not talking about bar girls. I work with a varity of wealthy Thai's in which it is very obvious they don't want you here except on a short term basis....they are getting tired of the dark women becoming wealthy threw the farrang husbands...it's pretty bad when the dark maid show's up in a more expensive car than they have purchased by their sisters husband...The darker thai's have more class than the white educated Thai's ..

Let's see now..

Very prominent Beer company offered to support a soccer league...but said " No Farrangs allowed "

One of the convenence stores here will not allow any farrang or Thai women if married to farrang husband to buy a franchise. Nor will they purchase anything from a farrang company

Look at one of the Major material and supply store. They won't use buy anything that is subject to a farrang business making money off them.

How about the excessive over charging that goes on at points of interest here in Thailand.

How about the law right now that is trying to take property away from Thai women if their farrang husband bought the land. This is purely hatered, fear,and greed combined. Imagine if we did that with them in our countries.

How about the Home owners Association in the village you live in.. in ours it is .90% farrang and they put a Thai president that doesn't listen to us and doesn't speak English won't even listen to our wives when they stand up to say something., they do stupid little things like this even though it is the farrang in, and outside the country that set up help orginizations to help their needy and disabled people.

How about the post office refusing to allow a choice of language on their website with English..or other native languages ,or employing some different nationalities at that skytrian so that it shows diversity. As in my country the home land security hires all nationalities to help with the communication. In Thailand all you see are people in police uniforms that make it look like we are criminals walking around. To show their might you always have one cop inside the building who acts that you a dirt bag using his badge to reinforce his ignorance.

Or like refusing to give farrang babies that were born here a birth certificate even though the Thais get one when they are born in our countries.

Why am I still here if I don't like this......Mentally I have already left...financially I can't just leave, after 5 years of being here...I realized I made a big mistake..so i am trying to correct that and will leave as soon as I can.

I see the recentment amongst the Thai men becoming stronger and expecially the Muslim Thai men in Pattaya, they glare at you even when your not doing anything to them. I think in the near future we will see some violent acts carried out by these people in Pattaya.

You will be missed rolleyes.gif .

Let's see now..

You will be missed rolleyes.gif .

I very much doubt that. whistling.gif

Yes.

In the first few months of my arrival here I took offence at a hotted up pickup that tried to kill me by creating a third, high speed, lane on the bypass road verge to get past my little hire car.

Forgetting my window was broken and permanently stuck half way down, I flipped him the finger. Big mistake!

All of a sudden he wasn't in such a hurry, and spent some time blocking and manouvering me off the road. My car didn't have the power to get away.

My GF initially said he was a policeman, so I was under the impression he could produce a gun at any time and start shooting. My GF tried to placiate him for several minutes before he turned to me and said with menace - "Where you from? Australia? Go back Australia!"

So far I haven't taken this advice nor have I again produced a finger to potential homicidal maniacs.

yes, but farang stay home 1 time by my ex, he told me I shouldn't go to Thailand as I don't respect the Thais

as I say frequently "Typical Thai" it made him made every time I said it.

What i guess I meant was normal Thai behaviour, ahhh same same.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time.

Edited by LindsayBKK

Thai suffer from cultural as well as national identity. They love their country but what does the country do for them really? All they can do is watch and envy the hordes of westerners who come here and spend money on things that only the low middle class worker can dream of. So when that happens it´s easier to blame the ones that have it better than them because certainly they didnt deserve it as much as the worker.

If they are patriots and have cultural identity why do they copy every aspect of western culture and implement it as a Thai thing?

Edited by maxme

Thai suffer from cultural as well as national identity. They love their country but what does the country do for them really? All they can do is watch and envy the hordes of westerners who come here and spend money on things that only the low middle class worker can dream of. So when that happens it´s easier to blame the ones that have it better than them because certainly they didnt deserve it as much as the worker.

If they are patriots and have cultural identity why do they copy every aspect of western culture and implement it as a Thai thing?

If you really want to know read," The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand – Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram." His "Thai Cultural Mandates" that would create a modern, uniform and "civilized" Thai Culture. Twelve cultural edicts were issued during 1939-1942, dictating citizens' behaviors concerning everything from nation building, national flag, national and royal anthems, to how to speak, read, write, eat, dress, work, sleep, and relate to one another.

Edited by metisdead
Inappropriate photo removed.

If you really want to know read," The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand – Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram." His "Thai Cultural Mandates" that would create a modern, uniform and "civilized" Thai Culture. Twelve cultural edicts were issued during 1939-1942, dictating citizens' behaviors concerning everything from nation building, national flag, national and royal anthems, to how to speak, read, write, eat, dress, work, sleep, and relate to one another.

Well I stocked with books already that I have to finish but if I want a fast version and your personal conclusion of this, what would it be?

Well I stocked with books already that I have to finish but if I want a fast version and your personal conclusion of this, what would it be?

I just google it, you can find a brief summary, quite interesting indeed.

If they are patriots  and have cultural identity why do they copy every aspect of western culture and implement it as a Thai thing?

If you really want to know read," The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand – Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram." His "Thai Cultural Mandates"  that would create a modern, uniform and "civilized" Thai Culture. Twelve cultural edicts were issued during 1939-1942, dictating citizens' behaviors concerning everything from nation building, national flag, national and royal anthems, to how to speak, read, write, eat, dress, work, sleep, and relate to one another.

Before Phibun Thailand was fun. Not TVPC type of fun but Pattaya naked ladies water fighting fun.A lot of people who are part of the TVPC brigade including many Thai people who don't know they are part of the TVPC brigade think Thailand used to be a very conservative place. Almost everything was legal back in 1930 but a bunch of Thais went to college in Europe and got sucked up in the academic and cultural changes of the time without knowing what was meant to be a joke and what was serious. They didn't eat enough brownies with Gertrude and came back to Thailand to get what they thought was Western civilization installed into Thai culture. Thailand used to be a topless opium smoking dirty dancing heaven on earth until Phibun got started. He meant well but ….. You just have to read the history of the time. I can't talk about it here. But be warned it is like reading about Shanghai in the 1930's. It is adult stuff. Our society has changed so much that a lot of recent history is not PC enough to be known or taught in schools. They keep the information locked up because the current generation don't want us knowing how much fun gramps and granny had.

• Like 1

Before Phibun Thailand was fun. Not TVPC type of fun but Pattaya naked ladies water fighting fun.A lot of people who are part of the TVPC brigade including many Thai people who don't know they are part of the TVPC brigade think Thailand used to be a very conservative place. Almost everything was legal back in 1930 but a bunch of Thais went to college in Europe and got sucked up in the academic and cultural changes of the time without knowing what was meant to be a joke and what was serious. They didn't eat enough brownies with Gertrude and came back to Thailand to get what they thought was Western civilization installed into Thai culture. Thailand used to be a topless opium smoking dirty dancing heaven on earth until Phibun got started. He meant well but ….. You just have to read the history of the time. I can't talk about it here. But be warned it is like reading about Shanghai in the 1930's. It is adult stuff. Our society has changed so much that a lot of recent history is not PC enough to be known or taught in schools. They keep the information locked up because the current generation don't want us knowing how much fun gramps and granny had.

Is that book available ?

Mau

If you really want to know read," The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand – Field Marshal Plaek Phibunsongkhram." His "Thai Cultural Mandates"  that would create a modern, uniform and "civilized" Thai Culture. Twelve cultural edicts were issued during 1939-1942, dictating citizens' behaviors concerning everything from nation building, national flag, national and royal anthems, to how to speak, read, write, eat, dress, work, sleep, and relate to one another.

Before Phibun Thailand was fun.  Not TVPC type of fun but Pattaya naked ladies water fighting fun.A lot of people who are part of the TVPC brigade including many Thai people who don't know they are part of the TVPC brigade think Thailand used to be a very conservative place.  Almost everything was legal back in 1930 but a bunch of Thais went to college in Europe and got sucked up in the academic and cultural changes of the time without knowing what was meant to be a joke and what was serious.  They didn't eat enough brownies with Gertrude and came back to Thailand to get what they thought was Western civilization installed into Thai culture.  Thailand used to be a topless opium smoking dirty dancing heaven on earth until Phibun got started.  He meant well but …..  You just have to read the history of the time.  I can't talk about it here.  But be warned it is like reading about Shanghai in the 1930's.  It is adult stuff.  Our society has changed so much that a lot of recent history is not PC enough to be known or taught in schools.  They keep the information locked up because the current generation don't want us knowing how much fun gramps and granny had.

Is that book available ?

Thanks smile.png

Mau

After 1932 a lot of information available.  Before you have to dig.  Both Bangkok and Shanghai are interesting topics most people would rather not know about anymore.  It would make an interesting book.  Don't think you could sell them in Thailand, China or Japan.  I got my information from an old German guy who lived in Bangkok and Shanghai in the 1930's.  He died years ago.  Who knows how accurate he was?  But she sure told a good story.  I have read a few things which seem to confirm the majority of what he told me. You might want to start with The Prostitute (ISBN 967-65-3079-4), written by female author K. Surangkhanang 1937.
  • Like 1

Thans kerrick for valuable info :)

Back to topic, i've been told (shouted ) once to go home, but from a very asocial guy which i made the mistake to be familiar with, because he was my neighbour.

Most probably, there are some Thais who don't like foreigners, but, in general i find them to be very tolerant, sociable people.

There are enough people who obviously WANT me around that I don't worry about the myoptic, uneducated idiots who don't. Would I really CARE what Hitler, or Stalin, or Mau Tse Tung, or any other despotic leader thought of me? Would you? It's the same thing. It's THEIR problem, not mine. I can put up with the stuff that isn't right about Thailand for the length of time that I'm here. We DO have choices in life. I choose to be happy and generous.

• Like 1