Asianpay.com

Sorry, I just saw this:

Carlo Sorio

President & CEO

Chiangmai Solutions Co. ltd.

InThai Trading Co. ltd.

AsianPay Co. Ltd

and thought Chiangmai Solutions Co might have something to do with the OP's nick.

Anyway, I would stick with paypal. I dont really like them but Asian Pay looks a little shady to me. Dealing with E-Currency is serious business and I would trust my cash with just any business that pops up online.

From their terms page:

"We do not issue refunds if the product, service or membership program turns out to not be what you thought it would be, or if they don't hold to their promises." - Paypal does this and its a nice reasurance to have when you are buying something online. Ive been screwed many times and usualy get my funds back.

AsianPay.com is not insured by any government agency. - Basically they can go under at anytime and where does your cash go?

IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR WEB SITE, OUR SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE)

Thats just scary. SHADY indeed. Id stay away

I took a look at this company a few months ago and I would not trust them with my money. A friend of mine uses a company called ThaiEpay and he is very happy with them. They take the credit card details and process, then pay the funds into your Thai Bank account once a month. The bigest problem with Paypal is to get your money out of their hands you must have a Bank account in the US. Hope that helps, Cheers

Found the link for that site for you

thaiepay

Thanks for that Pattaya Tony, I know you are pretty clued up on payment processors and I wanted to get my gf online doing some business. More money shes earning, more money I'm saving! :o

The American bank account can be set up quite easily for paypal though I think, a couple of friends of mine sorted it quickly and have been using them with no problems.

The American bank account can be set up quite easily for paypal though I think, a couple of friends of mine sorted it quickly and have been using them with no problems.

How do you get a US bank account when you are a NON-US citizen without SSN? How do I "sort that out"?

Actually George, not sure, both of them my friends and being Sunday they probably aren't even awake yet so can't check what banks they used.

What I do know is one is a UK national, the other one Dutch, both set up US bank accounts they found on the net, I believe some papers were faxed over and had to be signed etc. for it all to be sorted and I think there was a charge, though not that great, around a 100 Dollars. Both have got ATM cards from their US banks that they can use in Thailand.

A quick search on google offers some good results about this.

George, just found this link

Didn't read it all through but might offer some info for you regarding not having a SSN number. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

Setting up a US bank account is not easy any more but yes it can be done, I did it through a guy in Malaysia and he was very helpfull and wont rip you off. This is his URL

http://www.swiss-bank.biz/usbank/

Even if you get a US bank account trying to set up a paypal account is a nightmare if your loging in from Thailand. NEVER EVER leave any money in your paypal account because they will freeze it and keep your funds. I had a friend (wink Wink) they frooze his funds $6,500 and he had to join a class action law suit and got his money back after 18 months. If your thinking of opening a paypal account check this out first "Paypal Sucks"

Hope this helps. Cheers Tony

You can use Paypal with a UK bank account nowadays. The UK branch of Paypal is actually regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Is that because of the new laws in the US that makes it more difficult now to open a US bank account PattayaTony?

You know much about etrade.com? Spoke to one of my mates, he had a US bank account but it shut down or something and they reffered him over to etrade who he's been happy with.

I think after 6 months, if your Paypal account is frozen and has not been used they have to return your money. Though it has to be said Paypal does seem to think it doesn't have to follow the usual rules and regulations like everyone else. That paypalsucks site is full of horror stories.

Best thing is to do like you said, withdraw cash as soon as it goes into the account.

I'm guessing it isn't and he's just looking for a payment processor for an online site.

I have no clue about Asianpay but why not use Paypal if I guessed correct?

It can be set up quite easily now from Thailand.

I did use them for 2 years, mostly from Thailand. Then one day paypal freezes my US account and tells me to open a Thai PayPal account since I am obvioulsy spending most of my time here. But how do I do that? Don't you need a Thai credit card or am I missing something?

I hate paypal with a passion. You should withdraw your money as soon as it goes in. However, they have all the ebay buyers convinced into believing that it is the only way to pay. And in a way it is the best way to pay because they will always side with the buyer in a dispute, even if there is no evidence whatsoever.

Regarding foreigners opening a US bank account. Are you sure this is possible?

bkkmadness>> Yes all the rules for opening a us bank account have changed ever since 9-11 that is why its easy.

chaingmaithai>> Yes the URL i put here is for real, this guy is very helpfull and will guide you through the process, and I have no connection with him at all except that he opened an account for me. Earlier this year I was scammed by "SwissGates.Com" for $400 and I also know of others he scammed so be warned about swissgates.

ETRADE Bank>> A lot of foreigners opened accounts with them but their accounts were shut down once they found out they only wanted the account to transfer money from paypal. Wells Fargo might open an account for you but they arn't paypal friendly either.

I hope I have been of help but there isnt any easy way around it, You can always PM me if you want. Cheers Tony

...ETRADE Bank>> A lot of foreigners opened accounts with them but their accounts were shut down once they found out they only wanted the account to transfer money from paypal. Wells Fargo might open an account for you but they arn't paypal friendly either.

I hope I have been of help but there isnt any easy way around it,  You can always PM me if you want. Cheers Tony

This topic came up in another thread and I called ETrade to see what their requirements were for a non-us citizen account. He at first asked which country, since it couldn't be done for certain countries like Libya, and then said it had to be a writtten (as opposed to internet) application, and that the form is available at their website. Before I could ask where the form was located, he put me on hold and then came back saying they required a US mailing address and US Social Security number.

So, either this guy was incorrect, or they no longer do this.

Setting up a US bank account is not easy any more but yes it can be done, I did it through a guy in Malaysia and he was very helpfull and wont rip you off.  This is his URL

http://www.swiss-bank.biz/usbank/

nice tip....

but how do i know for sure if this one isint a scam too?

they have reduced the price to $39 for 24th to 25th dec....may buy the ebook....

do you currently hold a thai paypal account and have linked it with your us account?

any problems in the process?

anything we should be aware of?

Hope anyone who tries this will post a follow-up report please. Sure many of us are interested, but the site doesn't look very trustworthy, to say the least.

But then it's easy to make a site just look trustworthy..... :D

:D Thats if you know how.... :o

Oh, the good ol' wild world web :D

Edited by OlRedEyes

just tried their christmas offer....

within 1 min after paypal payment i got the download link.

the downlink has the application forms for a financial institution and a guide book(8 pages) on how to apply.

just the problem is that you need to send $1000 draft to the financial institution.....need to verify the postal address....could be a phony one?

another thing to note is they mention that your ATM card wont work if yr balance is below $250.

they have mentioned in the guide book on how to attach this bank account with your paypal.

just tried their christmas offer....

within 1 min after paypal payment i got the download link.

the downlink has the application forms for a financial institution and a guide book(8 pages) on how to apply.

just the problem is that you need to send $1000 draft to the financial institution.....need to verify the postal address....could be a phony one?

another thing to note is they mention that your ATM card wont work if yr balance is below $250.

they have mentioned in the guide book on how to attach this bank account with your paypal.

Does it say specifically that a non US resident with a foreign address will be approved for a US checking account with the only requirement being the $1000 opening balance? Do you have to maintain at least a $1000 balance? Does the bank look reputable?

I recently set up paypal on bahtsold.com and it works a charm. Luckily I have a US bank acct. I particularily like you can create multi currency accounts (ie: if a client deposits in GBP, you can create a sub currency acct without converting to USD)

Now working on the final touches to bahtbid.com -coming soon... :o

Regarding Asianpay.com, I used them to purchase e-gold. It has got to be the most convenient way to buy egold in Thailand. Just went to the ATM, transferred to their account and then in 3 days my egold account was credited. Fees were quite competitive too and didn't have to pay for WU or International wire.

And no, I DON'T WORK FOR THEM!

As this thread will probably expand just a reminder to people that if you set up a paypal account on a UK bank account(and maybe a US one too) that when you reach an amount of £5k traded through your account you will have to verify the account VIA THE TELEPHONE NUMBER REGISTERED ON YOUR ACCOUNT, excuse caps but thought I would mention it as its caught a few people out in the past.

As this thread will probably expand just a reminder to people that if you set up a paypal account on a UK bank account(and maybe a US one too) that when you reach an amount of £5k traded through your account you will have to verify the account VIA THE TELEPHONE NUMBER REGISTERED ON YOUR ACCOUNT, excuse caps but thought I would mention it as its caught a few people out in the past.

My GF set up a Thai paypal account last year. The second it hit $1000, it was frozen and we had to provide receipts and proof of inventory and proof of shipment. It took weeks. They do not hesitate to hold your money indefinitley. Be very careful with these guys.

• 9 months later...