Pattaya'S Top Best Kept Secrets

Gone

• The train from Pattaya every day to Bangkok is 31 baht and takes 4 hours.
  • Every April there is a family that stays at the small lake at the top end of Soi Khao Noi called “Chang Noi” and they harvest the ant eggs “Kai Mot” and sell them very local for very cheap. I think it’s normally 4 – 500 baht per kilo but they sell them for 150. She also cooks them right there at the lake and mixes them with tiny lake shrimp in leaves in her own Esaan style cooking. Some of the best food I have ever eaten here if you are into this stuff.
  • Tesco Lotus just off of SSCC sells A&W Root beer.
  • Sometimes Foodland gets Crumpets. (Gotta keep your eyes open).
  • A mini van leaves every 30 minutes just North of Pattaya Klang and goes to Victory Monument in Bkk for 70 baht.
  • Motorbike rentals just East of the railway tracks on SSCC for 1999 baht per month 100cc
  • Soi 6 just across the tracks on SSCC has an apt. called Sorrayuth Mansion and has clean decent studio rooms furnished and has wifi (extra) for 2,800 baht per month. Not always has a room though.

Some of us might already know this stuff but for those who don’t keep the secrets coming.

• Like 2

SSCC?

Unless that's one of the secrets, I assume that stands for Soi Siam Country Club which is on the eastern side of Pattaya. The Sukhumvit Road entrance to the road is close to the Central Pattaya Road intersection.....if that makes any sense to you!!!!

SSCC?

Unless that's one of the secrets, I assume that stands for Soi Siam Country Club which is on the eastern side of Pattaya. The Sukhumvit Road entrance to the road is close to the Central Pattaya Road intersection.....if that makes any sense to you!!!!

OK. That was my guess; but I've never seen it abbreviated in that way. Thanks.

Thanks for those tips Gone.

I think my favorite tip is The Hole In The Wall restaurant (known by foreigners as it doesn't seem to have a Thai name) on soi Buakow same side as Oasis aGogo but a little north. Great food, huge portions, and all dishes at only 60 baht. It's so popular that sharing a table with others is the norm. Open 24 hours.

I was hoping there would be more secrets rather then food but hey those soup filled dumplings !!!! whhoooohhhooooo Can't wait.

Yes I'm sorry but SSCC does mean Soi Siam Country Club.

Minivan from corner of Sukhumvit and South Pattaya rd to Koh Chang = 350 baht 1 way.

Pattaya Music (Yamaha) on Sukhumvit and Pattaya tai had "Nashville Straits" (2 packs) on sale in their store last week for 700 baht (Guitar strings)

Coke Machines are free for your business and they will stock them on Sukhumvit just south of Pattaya thai.

This beach near "Pattaya" airport

Come on it's not a secret any more mate. Do you have any specifics/Directions etc? Looks nice.

It’s not a secret any more…, but you still need more info laugh.png Google Hat Nang Ram and you should find it.

Nice beach, but a bit crowded on weekends.

Come on it's not a secret any more mate. Do you have any specifics/Directions etc? Looks nice.

google maps copy this into search, past the entrance to the airport carry on about 2km and you will see big fuel tanks take next left, sign posted. 20 baht car entry, navy owned land, navy boys patol it, thowing a cigarette butt is frowned upon. as stated rammed full Sat and Sun people from Bangkok. even the deck chair sellors are in navy uniform. Few rocks in the water tread carefully but the water is crystal clear. if you go on sat version you will see the fuel tanks. Enjoy

A couple of off-topic posts were deleted. Please try to stay on topic.

I think you mean Utapao airport? Pattaya airstrip is in NaJomtien.

Coke Machines are free for your business and they will stock them on Sukhumvit just south of Pattaya thai.

You mean like Coke vending machines? For cans or what? I can't recall ever seeing one in Thailand.

Gilbey's 1857 Light Rum, 70cl, 310 baht @ Friendship or Tops

or even Yeow Ngnern - 'Silver Eagle' Thai rum, although can make you go blind 120 Baht per bottle

Gotta be careful how you prounounce the Thai words - otherwise can be interpreted as silver ching chong !

Jomtien Market has a RARE EXAMPLE in Thailand of a COFFEE VENDING MACHINE.

Actually any vending machine is a rarity here. This one came from Korea(Korean writing still visible on it).

OK that's my big secret!

Just 10 Baht as opposed to the 14Baht rip-off price at the 7 :) :)violin.gif

A couple of off-topic posts were deleted. Please try to stay on topic.

I think you mean Utapao airport? Pattaya airstrip is in NaJomtien.

You mean like Coke vending machines? For cans or what? I can't recall ever seeing one in Thailand.

I'm sorry I mean just the Coke coolers/fridges, not actual vending machines however they do keep them stocked with all flavour of drinks but frown upon stocking them with beer. You just have them drop off however many crates you want and they take away the empties you have kept.

PS yes Thailand does have the actual vending machines you see in many malls and even near the toilets at Office-Depot beside Home-Works (or home pro I can never remember)? I dont think that 'Coke" actually distributes them but there are numbers on the machines you can call.

Edited by Gone

Many of the small massage shops between soi bukow and third road. 150 baht for foot massage, same as 200 baht foot massage on second road. Likewise less for oil massage.

D mansion apartments/ hotel on soi bukao. Old section has foam rubber type mattresses that are best for sleeping I have ever had in Pattaya. I really can't stand the rock hard standard mattresses most hotels have.

The Oasis gogo. A fine name for the place and it saves you a trip down to Walking Street.

Foam cushion lounge reclining chairs at Jomtien Dong beach to the right. Much better than standard cloth seats.

Standard AC bus from pattaya bus station to Ekamai or other Bangkok locations. ~113 baht.

Fascino on Pattaya Nua is the only licensed pharmacy in Pattaya that you can buy "real" sleeping pills without a perscription. None of the other Fascinos can sell them.

• Like 1

Fascino on Pattaya Nua is the only licensed pharmacy in Pattaya that you can buy "real" sleeping pills without a perscription. None of the other Fascinos can sell them.

What variety of sleeping pills?

I cannot remember the ones I used to buy for my dad when he was alive but they were strong. They were first perscibed by the doctor at BPH and of course we paid their price at their pharmacy but when they ran out I just showed them to Phascino the empty bag and they gave us the same ones for 1/2 the cost. I was having trouble sleeping the past few nights and was passing Fascino on Pattaya Kland and popped in to ask and they told me that Nua was the only place licenced to sell sleeping pills non-perscription in Pattaya. Them and the other 4 pharmacies I tried right there and then only had big tubs of some things they called "for anxiety pills" and there were 1000 per jug.

I'm sure if you ask in Fascino Nua for sleeping pills they will show you what ones they have. Ours were very tiny little red or blue ones if I remember correctly.

What variety of sleeping pills?

I cannot remember the ones I used to buy for my dad when he was alive but they were strong. They were first perscibed by the doctor at BPH and of course we paid their price at their pharmacy but when they ran out I just showed them to Phascino the empty bag and they gave us the same ones for 1/2 the cost. I was having trouble sleeping the past few nights and was passing Fascino on Pattaya Kland and popped in to ask and they told me that Nua was the only place licenced to sell sleeping pills non-perscription in Pattaya. Them and the other 4 pharmacies I tried right there and then only had big tubs of some things they called "for anxiety pills" and there were 1000 per jug.

I'm sure if you ask in Fascino Nua for sleeping pills they will show you what ones they have. Ours were very tiny little red or blue ones if I remember correctly.

Member said, "I cannot remember the ones I used to buy for my dad when he was alive but they were strong." (That's scary...maybe the pills were too strong!)

- striploin steaks at Friendship Supermarket @220 baht/kilo (360 baht at Foodland)

- caramel thick KitKat bars at Friendship

- moiki-like sweet rolls containing nougat @18 baht/tray of 5pc, located in the baked goods zone (39 baht at Foodland)

- outdoor pool & hot tubs, steam room and saunas, and tropical vegetation at Tony's Fitness 3rd road (yes the place has cleanliness issues)

- 99 baht hot meat subs (half size) at NY Pizza House 3rd road. Even a half size can be shared. Their top ranked pizzas are no longer a secret.

- 'Pao' Chineserie for superb Ramen and pan fried beef pancakes

• Like 2

Good German/Austrian sausages, several kinds (~300 baht/kilo), sauerkraut (90 baht/kilo?) and other deli items at very reasonable prices manufactured onsite at a small shop on 3rd road, west side, a few hundred meters before North Pattaya Road as you come from Central Pattaya road.

There's a faded sign showing sausages hanging in front and the husband of the Thai lady who runs it is usually out front in a wheelchair. It's easy to miss as it's a very small shophouse.

post-10689-0-87786200-1332292808_thumb.j

post-10689-0-67584400-1332292810_thumb.j

Edited by Jimmyd