Which Brand Is The (Second) Best

cmjantje

Every morning I drink one big mug of coffee. Together with my wife and with the self made cookies.

I am trying to get a good brand, a tastefull one.

The very best without doubt right now is Doy Chaang. But being Dutch I would love to go cheaper because 300 Baht for 250 grams is a little bit much. Oh yes I know if I choose for the Italian brands like Lilly, they are far more expensive, but they only have it in espresso machine grade.

Someone has any idea?

I drink coffee from MaeSauey....Doi Luang. It is ground fresh and well packed and is 800 baht a kilo. I get mine there or ring them up and get them to send me a kilo or two.

Give me PM if you want details. THey have some organic slightly better for 1200baht too.

Doi Chaang is the best value for money you'll get here in Thailand. They have different ones on offer though, one cheaper the other; they have a premium 100% Arabica one for about 100 baht per pack, and a peaberry one for a bit over 300 baht per pack. Obviously the peaberry is far superior to the regular Arabica one, but the even that one is still pretty darn good! Check out a few different Doi Chang shops, as not all shops sell both varieties.

If you really like Doi Chaang it might be cheaper if you buy it directly from source instead of at the coffee shop. The coffee at Amazon@PTT is really nice too, could try there.

Always have my coffee there when I travel.

I have a neighbour just arrived in Chiang Rai who is looking for an inexpesive coffee machine.

One in Big C was about 250-300 baht but very small.

When he went to an electic store ,they were over 2000 baht.

Any ideas where to get one?

Thanks

I have a neighbour just arrived in Chiang Rai who is looking for an inexpesive coffee machine.

One in Big C was about 250-300 baht but very small.

When he went to an electic store ,they were over 2000 baht.

Any ideas where to get one?

Thanks

I bought mine at Robinsons. Great choice, good prices.

Had my daily fix at my favourite local place today and their coffee is 600baht per 1kg. The coffee shop is called Companion Coffee which is a small green place about 1-200 mtrs after Bandu market heading north on the super-highway and directly opposite a 7/11. Very nice coffee and great burgers too!

• 8 months later...