Welcome Back To Thailand

pattayadingo

Sigh.

I arrived home today after 30 hours travelling time from the U.K. I was so happy to be back after my enforced stay away after hospitalisation and an operation.

A shower. Yes. That is a good idea. OK, turn on the water and a nice cool shower.

?? No water? Where did it go?

I double checked everything and find they have nicked the water meter !! B*stards !!

Both my landlord and one of my friends checked regularly for any bills that needed paying. The electric was paid for me but there was no water bill available until about the 14th of March that my friend D found. But it was too late to pay the bill. It needed paying by 9th March at 7/11 and he did not know where to go to pay it at the water board.

The point being that 85 Baht was owed and between the payment date of 9th March and today 21st March they have been and taken the meter. Talk about quick!!

I phoned my landlord. He sent one of his lads round ( a m/c taxi driver). Quick as a shot he set off to the water board office, paid the 85 Baht bill for me and a 351 Baht reconnection fee. The meter will be installed again at about 5 p.m. today.

Thanks to my landlord and to my friend D who looked out for the bills and also to the quick acting m/c driver. See, there are some good people about.

I tipped the driver 100 Baht and he was very happy :)

Used to happen to me a lot years ago, they take them away immediately as there's a shortage of water meters so you're lucky to have gotten it back same day.

Apparently the same guy who brought the meter back is the same one that took it away .... THIS morning LOL. Same time I was waiting at swampy airport. Would you credit it.

Now I can have sh*t, shower n shave and go and have a beer or 3 tonight :)

• Like 1

Used to happen to me a lot years ago, they take them away immediately as there's a shortage of water meters so you're lucky to have gotten it back same day.

Shortage of meters??? bought one yesterday in Hua Hin shelf full of them?

We had a meter stolen last year. The local water office arranged for a replacement. It turned out to be an old one as yes there seems to be a shortage. The water companies supply their own, at least they do here in Kanchanaburi, you can't buy your own. Well you can but can only use it for the village supply. The drinkable? municipal supply comes through their own meter. The reason we were given was that the water company do not trust the accuracy of customer bought meters.

An unexpected bonus was that the replacement meter runs slower than the stolen one so our bills are half what they used to be.:-))

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Possibly because there's not been such a building boom in HH in the last 10 years that there has been in Pattaya and it's a long way for the OP to go from Pattaya to get a meter.

Possibly because there's not been such a building boom in HH in the last 10 years that there has been in Pattaya and it's a long way for the OP to go from Pattaya to get a meter.

After having just travelled from the UK that day, yeah a trip to HH would have been a mile too many laugh.png

But I am happy that the landlord was good enough to get the problem sorted as quickly as he did, after all it was my fault and not his.